• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good Looking / Great Sounding Headphones Setup (Share Pics)

STF_YVR

Hi,

I will start this thread with a picture of a combo I am really enjoying lately: Focal Clear + Topping A90 / D90se

85551344-3C6F-4A83-9F28-7A1C00902CA5.jpeg

Last edited:

AudioStudies

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't have those headphones, but I have the same silver stack, except my DAC is not the SE version and is non-MAQ.

killdozzer

Major Contributor
You didn't get much ovations for the thread. I'll try to give you a friendly boost. It's nothing serious:
1633187256997.png

I do honestly think my kebabs are far better, but no one asked.
1633187313754.png

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I call it Old Skool Meets New Skool. Since taking the picture I have swapped out the Khadas Toneboard sitting atop the THX AAA 789 with channels 7 and 8 of my Octo Dac 8 Pro. I've also done a 16 channel PRIR of my OG LS 50s, and have recently added a 23 channel PRIR of my LS 50 Metas mated to my SB 2000. I'm also scheduled to get a couple PRIRs of some true heavyweight systems, but I'll talk about that at a later point in time.

The Realiser is truly amazing if you use your own head to do the binaural recording. It's in another league from things like the Audeze Mobius, or OOYH (which is good for the money). Currently the A16 only does Atmos, but they are set to deploy DTS-X in the near future, and Auro 3D after that.

It may seem like a large outlay, but compared to other things you could buy in this hobby, it does something unique and valuable. Especially for anyone who can't devote a room in his living space to 23 speakers.
I

Last edited:
Top Bottom