• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good HiFi from China and Taiwan?

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Not sure why Taiwan is included
Sorry I missed it, Taiwan can definitely be included.:)

Feel free to give suggestions for HiFi from Taiwan. Unfortunately, I can now not change the title of the thread (it is locked after 24 hours after starting the thread).

I can ask a moderator if he can add Taiwan.:)

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Not sure why Taiwan is included
I can post this, always something: :)

Counter with this, from this thread. Same song::)

Edit:
Those Goldmund Satya costs 117,000 euros per pair. Then Solhaga's DIY is cheaper ... much cheaper. He got a lot of neodymium magnets at a good price. In addition to the materials and various machines, such as a plasma cutter and poff DIY speakers in world class. Solhaga / Claes is a very experienced DIY, I should add. Based on this principle:

Goldmund Satya:

Satya-web-collection.png

Last edited:

MKreroo

Sorry I missed it, Taiwan can definitely be included.:)

Feel free to give suggestions for HiFi from Taiwan. Unfortunately, I can now not change the title of the thread (it is locked after 24 hours after starting the thread).

I can ask a moderator if he can add Taiwan.:)
Oh was just confused why it relates in a thread about hifi specifically in China, but I guess it is a good estimate for shipping.

Unfortunately it seems that hifi industry/culture in Taiwan is mostly snake oil, in that the majority believe in cable upgrade and some others (power conditioner etc) in the snake oil thread.

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Oh was just confused why it relates in a thread about hifi specifically in China, but I guess it is a good estimate for shipping.

Unfortunately it seems that hifi industry/culture in Taiwan is mostly snake oil, in that the majority believe in cable upgrade and some others (power conditioner etc) in the snake oil thread.
Ha ha, then maybe I misunderstood it all? :) Thought Taiwan would join?I read wrong you wrote : "Not sure why Taiwan is included". I read too fast so it became: Not sure why Taiwan is NOT included

Woody changed that now, I see. In which case Taiwan may remain. It's not really that important (I think) which countries are included. The thread is mostly intended to give some tips and ideas about HiFi. :)

____
Damn, I waffle, and mess in the threads I create about HiFi from different parts of the world. In this I added and changed the title many times (by request): :)

Edit:
For preventive purposes: Please no political talk about the relationship Taiwan and China.

Last edited:

MKreroo

Ha ha, then maybe I misunderstood it all? :) Thought Taiwan would join?I read wrong you wrote : "Not sure why Taiwan is included". I read too fast so it became: Not sure why Taiwan is NOT included

Woddy changed that now, I see. In which case Taiwan may remain. It's not really that important (I think) which countries are included. The thread is mostly intended to give some tips and ideas about HiFi. :)

____
Damn, I waffle, and mess in the threads I create about HiFi from different parts of the world. In this I added and changed the title many times (by request): :)

Edit:
For preventive purposes: Please no political talk about the relationship Taiwan and China.
Oh yeah for sure, don't want to make this into a toxic political debate too :)

From what it seems, China is definitely the leader in terms of consumer "audio science certified" in Asia, the idea of audio science isn't well promoted in Taiwan (and Japan from what I've seen), afterall snake oil is more profitable.

Last edited:

Snoopy

Major Contributor
content deleted by Moderator for political comments.

Even if you buy western brands (I'm looking at my Cambridge gear, and wharfdale speakers.) They are mostly either manufactured, assembled in China and if that's not the case there is a very high chance that the parts are imported from China.

Schiit audio is a relatively small company compared to the Chinese ones. And if you are not living in the U.S or maybe Canada it's really expensive to import their stuff.

I regret that I didn't buy anything from fluxlabs (Ukraine) when they where still in business.

Last edited by a moderator:

MKreroo

Content deleted by Moderator for political content
no need though, as long as they are well-engineered products.
One "could" argue that business there is tied to their military (tax etc) one way or another, I think in the case of consumer audio products at least brands like Topping/Moondrop etc, are leading the industry toward the better way.

Although personally I avoid wireless-capable products from there due to privacy concern (not that other places are better, looking at you Google/Apple)

Last edited by a moderator:

krumpol

Ok. You do not want politics. But politics will reach you. Continue to be blind...
This is 13th month of daily use for my Topping L30 + D10 units and "China's Xi trade with Russia" have not affected my satisfaction at all. I live in Slovakia bordering with Ukraine btw, watching the war from first row seat.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Thread Notice: Absolutely no political content permitted. Multiple posts deleted and warnings issued. Please and thank you for your understanding.

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
In the question, definition good also includes reliability and durability. That in view of:

Screenshot_2022-08-03_063150.jpg

Katji

Major Contributor
However, the poll was not [scientifically] controlled. The survey sample/s is not broad, not random. etc. It is limited to persons registered at ASR, persons who read ASR, that means, let's say, >90% who read English language. [If 90% seems to be too low, well, believe me, I have done many hours reading VK by using Google translate Russian/English.]

That does not mean the poll is worthless, no, just that "it is what it is." But then various biases are applied, interpretations based in bias.

Dont forget TONEWINNER. They make most of the amps for other decent to high end brands (i was told Emotiva and a host of others). their own ToneWinner brand has some high end very well built great sounding kit.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
My problem with china things is the same problem that i have 10 years ago.

Things from china just have very short life. Even my dx200 required 2 repairs and then i sold them.. 1/2 year later the owner said he must sold the dap very cheap because now he had a battery problem.. Come on china.

Even topping is a shame on this.

Top Bottom