• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good HiFi from China and Taiwan?

DanielT

Major Contributor
That's the question. I'm meeting Iceberg's wishes. Is he right .... or not?:)

HiFi designed, created and manufactured in China.

Screenshot_2022-05-11_175500.jpg

Screenshot from this thread:

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
What the... You've been a member since 2020. Why are you even wondering?o_O

PLENTY.
Well, I know there are a lot. Topping is the first thing I think of.:)

They are on the move, China in terms of HiFi.:)

Edit:
But a lot is about opening the eyes of manufacturers you do not know. Hence this thread. To tip each other.:)

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
Edifier fan checking in here.
S3000Pro "poor man's LS50W", approx. 1/3rd of the price.

iirc, He said 100 million speakers sold.
[ I suppose that will get some reaction. If so, I'm ready for you. ]

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Moondrop
Thieaudio (not sure)

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Undoubtedly many interesting manufacturers, many good products. But heavier HiFi from China? By heavier I mean literally heavier. Larger speakers for example.

I suspect that the shipping cost makes the pay off too low, although hm there are many other manufacturers that produce their larger speaker models in China, right? I know that KEF manufactures speakers in China but not their largest models, if I remember correctly.

Maybe it's on the lighter (by weight,, plus small physical size) electronic side, DAC for example, that the potential for Chinese brands is?

I'm mostly speculating now. I could be wrong.:)

Frgirard

Major Contributor
Undoubtedly many interesting manufacturers, many good products. But heavier HiFi from China? By heavier I mean literally heavier. Larger speakers for example.

I suspect that the shipping cost makes the pay off too low, although hm there are many other manufacturers that produce their larger speaker models in China, right? I know that KEF manufactures speakers in China but not their largest models, if I remember correctly.

Maybe it's on the lighter (by weight,, plus small physical size) electronic side, DAC for example, that the potential for Chinese brands is?

Taïwan and usher https://www.usheraudio.com.tw/speaker/
The shipping cost is not an issue. Usa speakers do so why not China speakers.
The high end has no cost issue.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

This Audio-GD mono is 70 kg each amp, so maybe it applies?

But yes, I agree, the majority are smaller and lighter products from China. Maybe because new entrants focus on new markets, where desktop and headphones/IEMs are booming, and selling online through Aliexpress is an easy way, along with tons of other electronics and gadgets sold there.

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
This Audio-GD mono is 70 kg each amp, so maybe it applies?

But yes, I agree, the majority are smaller and lighter products from China. Maybe because new entrants focus on new markets, where desktop and headphones/IEMs are booming, and selling online through Aliexpress are an easy way, along with tons of other electronics and gadgets sold there.
If we take headphones:

"Global headphone unit shipments has grown considerably from 2013 to 2020 . In 2020, 549 million headphones were shipped worldwide and there seems to be a positive growth despite the impact of COVID-19 with a 14 percent growth in value."

Screenshot_2022-05-11_193459.jpg

By the way::)

"In the third quarter of 2021, the global market share of Baidu, the largest Chinese smart speaker manufacturer, amounted to over 13 percent. Baidu and Alibaba are among the largest smart speaker market players inside and outside of China."

Screenshot_2022-05-11_193828.jpg

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Iceberg

Pardon the interruption.... It's lovely to see all the brand name paparazzi advertising their favorite red brand, but....

Wasn't there a criteria for this thread?

DESIGNED
CREATED
MANUFACTURED

Anyone know anything about these companies other than having their laptop stickers?

fordiebianco

Forum Donor

SoundArtist
Aurum Cantus

Top Bottom