• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good EQ software for iPad or MacBook M1

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I currently have an iPad Pro and I am considering getting a MacBook Air M1, but I need something similar to Equalizer APO so I can EQ my headphones to the Harmon Target.

Does anyone know if there is anything for Ipad? id like to not have to buy the MacBook if I don't need to.

OP
Rayman30

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I was checking out a program called Boom2, but I am not sure if its Apple Silicon compatible yet, maybe it runs in emulation.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
https://rogueamoeba.com/soundsource/

I use this currently to EQ my headphones on my Mac mini with Big Sur. The developer says the current version is compatible to M1 Macs. This also has built in EQ profiles from Oratory, Crinacle, and few others that have tested headphones to fit the Harman Curve. Hope this helps.

Nemo

Forum Donor
I have been using Audirvana for years on a Mac.
It is compatible with the latest M1 processors, but if you are only using it for your music is a monumental overkill: you could instead get a second hand Macbook Air or Mac Mini and control it "headless" (without monitor) with your iPad. In principle you could do that with Audirvana and its Remote app at least in theory.
To be honest I have found the latest iterations of Audirvana less than problem free in my 2019 MacBook Pro 16, and I am unhappy with it, considering moving my music collection to a RPi4.

rcmo

https://rogueamoeba.com/soundsource/

I use this currently to EQ my headphones on my Mac mini with Big Sur. The developer says the current version is compatible to M1 Macs. This also has built in EQ profiles from Oratory, Crinacle, and few others that have tested headphones to fit the Harman Curve. Hope this helps.

I can confirm it runs flawlessly on M1. Not all 3rd party plugins seem to work as of yet, though.

Top Bottom