• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good amp to pair with ls50 meta

grizzlyray

Hello,

I just recently got a Kef LS50 Meta pair of speakers and I am loving everything about them so far. The color and the sound of these speakers are great. I am concerned however that the current AV/R I have cannot properly drive these speakers. I currently use the Yamaha TSR-700 receiver from Costco and I am not sure if this is the right pairing for these speakers. I am still within the return window for the receiver so I am not worried about returning the receiver if needed.

I am having a hard time finding an amp that can handle speakers that go down to 3.2 ohms which the specs of the kef ls50 say they do. I have been looking into a Yamaha A-S501 amp and It seems like it can do the job well.

Is there any suggestions you folks have? I do have a budget of $600, while I can go higher I am not looking forward to that converstation with the wife.

My main requirements is that the amp has these certain features: subwoofer support, remote control, a pure non eq mode, and possibly bass managment, phono port or multiple rca inputs to add a phono preamp.

I am not too picky on brands or other features that might come up.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Hello,

I just recently got a Kef LS50 Meta pair of speakers and I am loving everything about them so far. The color and the sound of these speakers are great. I am concerned however that the current AV/R I have cannot properly drive these speakers. I currently use the Yamaha TSR-700 receiver from Costco and I am not sure if this is the right pairing for these speakers. I am still within the return window for the receiver so I am not worried about returning the receiver if needed.

I am having a hard time finding an amp that can handle speakers that go down to 3.2 ohms which the specs of the kef ls50 say they do. I have been looking into a Yamaha A-S501 amp and It seems like it can do the job well.

Is there any suggestions you folks have? I do have a budget of $600, while I can go higher I am not looking forward to that converstation with the wife.

My main requirements is that the amp has these certain features: subwoofer support, remote control, a pure non eq mode, and possibly bass managment, phono port or multiple rca inputs to add a phono preamp.

I am not too picky on brands or other features that might come up.
Welcome Aboard @grizzlyray.

OP
G

grizzlyray

@AdamG247
Thank you for the message. I appreciate it and I hope to learn more about audio from this site.
Already glanced at a lot of reviews and there is graphs I do not understand, at least not yet.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Check the list in my signature.

RoyB

Forum Donor
Go to AMAZON and buy a Sound Artist SA-200ia integrated amplifier ($450).....I recently bought one and my KEF LS50 Meta speakers showed up at my dealers today. Been listening now for hours......SIMPLY FANTASTIC combination! Blows away my Cambidge Audio AZUR 840 and a Yamaha Pre/Power (CA800/M4)....I'm convinced you would need to spend thousands more to get 10% better sound quality.....

Attachments

• IMG_20211106_164431421.jpg
    IMG_20211106_164431421.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 208

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Sound Artist SA-200ia integrated amplifier ($450)
It looks good from a cursory view and without measurements. The name is not strange like some of the imported stuff names are. 200w/ch with remote control.
61XAoUw2oYL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

SoundArtist-SA-200IA-stereo-integrated-amplifier-14.jpg

Top Bottom