• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GL 2000 should i

AMKAM

Hi guys
Seriously confused between Gl 2000 or Aeon 2 noire,
from where i am gl 2000 are very hard to get even if i have drop or linsoul luxury's sites, the cost of tax and duty cost will be 3 times of the headphones
so one of my trust worthy local audio sites have finally imported Gl 2000's and i am afraid they are in limited stock
i have heard from many people that they are just fine but the legendary Z reviews (and others) says its kind of a endgame for him. He also admits hearing other Gl 2000 are not so good compared to what he owns. Aeon's are easy to get around here.
so at the end should i or should i not
anyone any comments on this will be really helpful.
Thanks.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Crinacle review
I would recommend reading the above review of the 2000 . I think the Aeon 2 Are much better spend for the money you’re spending. BTW crinacle rates them a B- .

Last edited:

threni

Major Contributor
where i am gl 2000 are very hard to get even if i have drop or linsoul luxury's sites, the cost of tax and duty cost will be 3 times of the headphones

So a $639.00 pair of GL2000 will cost you an additional $2000 in tax & duty?

Last edited:

kiyu

Hi guys
Seriously confused between Gl 2000 or Aeon 2 noire,
from where i am gl 2000 are very hard to get even if i have drop or linsoul luxury's sites, the cost of tax and duty cost will be 3 times of the headphones
so one of my trust worthy local audio sites have finally imported Gl 2000's and i am afraid they are in limited stock
i have heard from many people that they are just fine but the legendary Z reviews (and others) says its kind of a endgame for him. He also admits hearing other Gl 2000 are not so good compared to what he owns. Aeon's are easy to get around here.
so at the end should i or should i not
anyone any comments on this will be really helpful.
Thanks.
Hi AMKAM,

I was in the same boat that you...
you could watch this one:

is not popular but I like how he described it.
also not positive feedback you have DMS and the headphone show if you want the link let me know
3 times the valor? I thought that my country pays a lot of taxes (50%) ..
basically what I got after whatching several reviews is that the GL2000 is not a good all-rounder, but in which is good, it exceeds. not sure if that makes some sense.
so for now as I don't have many headphones I decided to go with others and maybe in the future I would get it.
I am a bit afraid with the nasal voice, many many comments about that with Gl 2000

OP
A

AMKAM

Hi AMKAM,

I was in the same boat that you...
you could watch this one:

is not popular but I like how he described it.
also not positive feedback you have DMS and the headphone show if you want the link let me know
3 times the valor? I thought that my country pays a lot of taxes (50%) ..
basically what I got after whatching several reviews is that the GL2000 is not a good all-rounder, but in which is good, it exceeds. not sure if that makes some sense.
so for now as I don't have many headphones I decided to go with others and maybe in the future I would get it.
I am a bit afraid with the nasal voice, many many comments about that with Gl 2000

HI
Thanks for the video, its good to see someone who i can relate to.
I have been following Z reviews from 2014 or 2015 and i got some of the products that he has suggested and recommended, i never felt disappointed. and also i am following DMS another great audio reviewer, friend of Z reviews.
Here is how i see it
recently DMS reviewed GL2000 and full on exaggerated hype train as he puts it but he recently released a list of headphones that he really thinks and likes are great and in that list ( i will attach the list if i can or i will share the link) AEON 2 Noire's are in first of his recommendation.
So basically if u have money to spare get the endgame headphones of both of this people and lets see what's the story.
Advantage if they are right u will be having kind of a ultimate headphones in you arsenal i think.

Link to DMS list
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H_FMT82t72mm7DeOnUN4X0R2gD_3uR9Oy2zTj7HukuM/edit#gid=0

kiyu

HI
Thanks for the video, its good to see someone who i can relate to.
I have been following Z reviews from 2014 or 2015 and i got some of the products that he has suggested and recommended, i never felt disappointed. and also i am following DMS another great audio reviewer, friend of Z reviews.
Here is how i see it
recently DMS reviewed GL2000 and full on exaggerated hype train as he puts it but he recently released a list of headphones that he really thinks and likes are great and in that list ( i will attach the list if i can or i will share the link) AEON 2 Noire's are in first of his recommendation.
So basically if u have money to spare get the endgame headphones of both of this people and lets see what's the story.
Advantage if they are right u will be having kind of a ultimate headphones in you arsenal i think.

Link to DMS list
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H_FMT82t72mm7DeOnUN4X0R2gD_3uR9Oy2zTj7HukuM/edit#gid=0

yes, I follow Zeos and DMS and joshua .. and headphone audio there are 1 or 2 more that I like but I can't remember now.

because of zeos and DMS I want "HarmonicDyne Zeus".
which now confuce me a bit because I was going for Sennheiser HD 660s, but then for a few buck extra is the DT 1990 pro, DMS and joshua both agreed that DT1990 pro is better in most of the aspects than hd 660s, but now if you check that spreadsheet dt 1990 pro is quite down than hd 660s
also because of Zeos I want sivga P 2 (sendyaudio Aiva), but not sure, everybody told me that for that price range 660s or dt1990 pro are a much better option than sendyaudio aiva..
anyway...
AEON 2, is a bit too high for now but I will check both reviews just to learn more about them.

OP
A

AMKAM

yes, I follow Zeos and DMS and joshua .. and headphone audio there are 1 or 2 more that I like but I can't remember now.

because of zeos and DMS I want "HarmonicDyne Zeus".
which now confuce me a bit because I was going for Sennheiser HD 660s, but then for a few buck extra is the DT 1990 pro, DMS and joshua both agreed that DT1990 pro is better in most of the aspects than hd 660s, but now if you check that spreadsheet dt 1990 pro is quite down than hd 660s
also because of Zeos I want sivga P 2 (sendyaudio Aiva), but not sure, everybody told me that for that price range 660s or dt1990 pro are a much better option than sendyaudio aiva..
anyway...
AEON 2, is a bit too high for now but I will check both reviews just to learn more about them.

Hi
even i had the same idea, after K712pros and 770 80ohms, but my way was little different once i heard 1990's are kinda of analytical i didnt favor them, but i was interested in 660s but the price to what it does is not g8 but surly after T50RPs everything changed, before i was like sub-bass and sound stage kind of guy but later i understood about highs and imaging all that shit so i was interested in 990 premium 600ohms and then HarmonicDyne Zeus happend, so ya everything just keeps changing but i am thinking between Zeus or dt990 for sound stage highs imaging and sub-bass or just straight to endgame headphones and be done with it. I know the Aeon and GL 2000's are completely different.
I don't know
anyways thanks if you come up with something plz do buzz

tomtrp

Just for fun, the driver size should not determine anything about sound quality, but GL2000's driver is not as large as some may expect.
HE1000/Arya's driver is definitely larger.
mmexport1627239952246.jpg

SmartSelect_20210726-050949_Chrome.jpg

Top Bottom