• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GIK Acoustics absorption panels

cassisb

The customer service representative is exchanging the one element and they are sending a new roof. Unfortunately it takes nearly 2 weeks until it will be here and I hope that I will not lose one client who is eager to record.

txbdan

I order several acoustic panels on January 20 then received an email that the shipping date would be March 18. This is simply unacceptable, and had I known this up front, would never have placed an order. I've left voicemails and emails but have not heard back from anyone. I placed a similar order with ATS Acoustics and their products were delivered in less than 2 weeks and are beautiful. Sorry GIK but Covid is no longer a valid excuse. You should be up front with people about the delivery date before taking their money. If the owner of GIK is reading this, please either cancel the order and refund the money or ship within a week.

Wow. You signed up and created an account name called "nothappywithgik" because you couldn't get your audiophile acoustic panels in six weeks during a global pandemic and supply shortage. This shows a serious lack of perspective. Get a life, dude.

txbdan

This is a great reminder to thank those who work in the customer service industry.

OP
D

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Delivery time is simply unacceptable and the pandemic excuse is not valid. Perhaps you should revaluate your pathetic existence, put back on your tie-eye and Birkenstock's, get back into your Prius with the Biden bumper and go back to your earthbag house.
It just took me eight months to get a fridge.

As documented above, I've had my own challenges with GIK, but posts should aim to inform, not to embarrass.

A-Tech

Hello, thanks for this thread. I hope you are all doing well in these uncertain and intense times! We purchased two PIBs with a roof. They just arrived today and we are quite disappointed. One of the PIBs -- the hinges - because the screws were too near the edge - were ripped out. On both PIBs half of the screws are missing. Half of one of the hinges is dirty with deep black marks that can't be cleaned. The wooden cross panel on the roof is cracked and one of the side pieces is not secured. We were excited to get these for an upcoming voiceover project. They do seem to work well - the sound is dry but we can't try the entire construction out because of the broken hinge. Hopefully the customer service rep will reach out tomorrow. We sent him the pix that we are attaching to this post here. We're tempted to send all of it back. Not sure how to deal with this. We're glad to see Glenn, the owner, reading this thread. ;-) Hello from Berlin!
A disappointment really. I am reading this thread now, and I wonder how this ended. Poor quality(control) and a lack of proper packaging?!

Top Bottom