• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GGNTKT @ Purité Audio

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How do these speakers do cardioid bass? All other implementations of which I'm aware use either venting (Geithain, D&D) or side-mounted drivers (Kii) to do it.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The cardioid mode will shape dispersion from 200 - 1000 Hz, through the mids much like the 8Cs, there is mention of hpercardioid dis-erosion through cancellation on the site.
https://ggntkt.de/en/model-m1/
Roland will explain technically I am sure.
Keith

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How do these speakers do cardioid bass? All other implementations of which I'm aware use either venting (Geithain, D&D) or side-mounted drivers (Kii) to do it.
The kii uses the rear drivers with correct delay/phase to cancel the sides, I assume these work the same way, the rear drivers cancel the front driver up to the point the wide box starts to control dispersion.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The kii uses the rear drivers with correct delay/phase to cancel the sides, I assume these work the same way, the rear drivers cancel the front driver up to the point the wide box starts to control dispersion.
The Kiis have midrange drivers on the sides.

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor

It's a dual monopole with a delay. So we use the drivers at the back to cancel out the energy/SPL at 180° from 200 to 1000 Hz. Below 200 Hz it's just a sub, directed to the wall (similar to D&D 8C). We also have a preset in the making which cancels out at 135-155°, that is if you have to place the speakers in corners and the wall are angled relative to the speaker.

As for the Kii Three I can't tell why they need the drivers on both sides. It might be, because they use a fairly narrow cabinet, so that they need additional cancellation to smooth out the transition to the drivers at the rear – We have the wide front baffle to do the same

Last time I checked their own site indicated the amplification was Pascal, not Hypex. Has something changed in that regard? And does your model have the more powerful amps with the extra capacitance?

It's pascal. We also had a prototype with Hypex and couldn't find any audible difference. Also Keith has Model M1 S, so with additional caps and more amping.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's a dual monopole with a delay. So we use the drivers at the back to cancel out the energy/SPL at 180° from 200 to 1000 Hz. Below 200 Hz it's just a sub, directed to the wall (similar to D&D 8C). We also have a preset in the making which cancels out at 135-155°, that is if you have to place the speakers in corners and the wall are angled relative to the speaker.

As for the Kii Three I can't tell why they need the drivers on both sides. It might be, because they use a fairly narrow cabinet, so that they need additional cancellation to smooth out the transition to the drivers at the rear – We have the wide front baffle to do the same

It's pascal. We also had a prototype with Hypex and couldn't find any audible difference. Also Keith has Model M1 S, so with additional caps and more amping.
What modes do the current speakers ship with, and how does the user switch between them, also when you switch is it instant?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The GGNTKT M1’s can be ordered in any colour including automotive and bi- colour is also available.

Many colour options are pictured on GGNTKTs facebook and instagram feeds at the bottom of the M1’s web page.

https://ggntkt.de/en/

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The GGNTKT M1’s are here and available for evaluation , they are impressive, cardioid, constant directivity, external power amps and dsp.
£5500 inc vat in standard colours.

Keith

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't mean to be snarky, but have you considered naming the speakers something other than the M2? On ASR, when one says "M2," most users immediately think of the JBL M2. A quick Google search turns up many other models of loudspeaker called the M2.

I look forward to hearing the loudspeakers.

Don’t forget the Magico M2.

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
There is also:
cq5dam.resized.img.1680.large.time1556289625590.jpg

q3cpma

Major Contributor
The GGNTKT M1’s are here and available for evaluation , they are impressive, cardioid, constant directivity, external power amps and dsp.
£5500 inc vat in standard colours.

Keith
Maybe I didn't see it, but did you post a comparative evalution somewhere? Or at least a basic review on usability of the software side and sound quality.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Subjective opinion!
Well they sound really good, as transparent as the Kiis/8Cs don’t quite have the bass extension but then few loudspeakers do.
The sound is and this is purely subjective, lively, it is a pleasure to listen to them , there is no elevated treble like the small Paradigm standmounts, there is no ‘thrum’ from the BBC designs.
Bass has a real ‘thwack’ to it, I have them placed close to the walls 10cm, software options at the moment allow you to choose between monopole and cardioid bass and AES and analogue input options.
I believe there is more to come, the external amps are housed in a very elegant black aluminium enclosure.
Only one cable to the speakers ‘speakon’ connectors , the cable is quad core so fairly hefty.
They are superb, I suppose the M2 version will be completely comparable to the kii/8c and they arrive next spring.
Keith

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Subjective opinion!
Well they sound really good, as transparent as the Kiis/8Cs don’t quite have the bass extension but then few loudspeakers do.
The sound is and this is purely subjective, lively, it is a pleasure to listen to them , there is no elevated treble like the small Paradigm standmounts, there is no ‘thrum’ from the BBC designs.
Bass has a real ‘thwack’ to it, I have them placed close to the walls 10cm, software options at the moment allow you to choose between monopole and cardioid bass and AES and analogue input options.
I believe there is more to come, the external amps are housed in a very elegant black aluminium enclosure.
Only one cable to the speakers ‘speakon’ connectors , the cable is quad core so fairly hefty.
They are superb, I suppose the M2 version will be completely comparable to the kii/8c and they arrive next spring.
Keith
They look very good indeed. But it still translates to around $7K USD, and I think they would need a US dealer to sell that here. I've been dealing with some of the pitfalls of dealing with putting together an upgraded amplification chain, and the Smyth Realiser as well, and have needed to return both for service, and it's a nightmare shipping product back for warranty service and receiving it back again. One product I sent for service on January 8th of this year and didn't receive it back fixed until after Labor day. I would definitely want a US dealer who could stand behind this product and handle any warranty issues, especially if it meant shipping things back to Europe.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I am sure worldwide distribution will happen in time, the important part is that GGNTKT have a super product.
Keith

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am sure worldwide distribution will happen in time, the important part is that GGNTKT have a super product.
Keith
Hopefully, by next year, because that's when I'll be looking for an endgame speaker for a smaller listening space.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
https://ggntkt.de/en/model-m1/

GGNTKT M1 active loudspeaker, compression tweeter, 6.5” mid and 2x 6’5” on rear, cardioid midrange response, analogue or digital input , monopole or cardioid bass.
£5500 including external amplifier pack.
Designed to be placed close to ‘front’ wall.
Measurements and sound quality are superb.
Keith​

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
GGNTKT M1, in red,

Keith

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
That's a special Mercedes paintwork (Designo) and called "Hyazinth Red Metallic" (3-layer lacquer). Hard to get it on photos, looks a lot better in real life.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Measurements being taken,

Keith

Top Bottom