• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GGNTKT Model M1

napilopez

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Very nice. Some questions: isn't 8 ms of delay a bit much for TV/games? Do you expect the cardioid effect of the M2 to reach even lower, or will it just provide more LF extension and/or SPL ?

For reference, even an acoustic piano has something like a 20ms latency from you pressing the key to the string making a sound.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Can you keep the fan boyism out of this thread, thanks.
Keith

Hephaestus

It is really nice to see new companies to come out with designs like this — highly appreciated!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
My pair,

Keith

TimVG

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hope there's some protective pads under there. Cringing at the thought of a pristine cabinet on a tile floor.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My pair,

Keith
Looking at those white one's I can't help but think how much their appearance could be improved if the woofer could be tinted blue a la the Kef LS 50. Probably would not cost a mint to do it either, since it would only have to be done to the front driver.

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Looking at those white one's I can't help but think how much their appearance could be improved if the woofer could be tinted blue a la the Kef LS 50. Probably would not cost a mint to do it either, since it would only have to be done to the front driver.

I prefer it when the speakers disappear.

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
As for the woofer colors: The SB drivers we use for LF are available in matte black (our choice), also natural aluminum silver and a creamy yellow-white cone. We do not stock the alternativ colors, but might get them on demand (they measure 95% the same), if people want options.

In early design iteration we also had a (fabric) cover over the mounting rings, but based on early feedback, people preferred to see the drivers (as they are pretty).

Instar

As for the woofer colors: The SB drivers we use for LF are available in matte black (our choice), also natural aluminum silver and a creamy yellow-white cone. We do not stock the alternativ colors, but might get them on demand (they measure 95% the same), if people want options.

In early design iteration we also had a (fabric) cover over the mounting rings, but based on early feedback, people preferred to see the drivers (as they are pretty).

I wonder about the sales policy.
I know this is a company in Germany.
Can I buy it in other countries?
Do you sell directly all over the world?
Or is it delivered to each country through a distributor?
I live in Asia and I am very curious about this part.

Maiky76

So here are the results of our final Klippel session this week. We worked on some details and implemented a new feature (in software) which is called "dynamic limiter". It works similar like an EQ at the lowest end and extends bass at low levels (now 32/36 Hz -3/-6 dB), while protecting at high levels. It also works in the time domain, so that you can safely overload the drivers for a short period (electrical). These limiters are very advanced as they work in a “look ahead” way, without clipping or any other negative audible effects. It sound very nice ;-)

Spinorama in monopol (non-cardioid) mode – you can also see the new bass extension:View attachment 82507

Spinorama in cardioid mode – again, nice to see the extended directivity to 200 Hz because of the radiation pattern:
View attachment 82508

There will be a full stack documentation in a couple of weeks.

For a bit of fun and for what it's worth... I have scanned the cardioid Spinorama.
Being scanned the calculated scores are only indicative.
Score with no EQ: 6.45
GGNTK M1 no EQ Spinorama.png

Then proceeded to design an EQ as usual.
Without imposing a hard target for the LW this is as flat as I can design, with regards to the regression, with my GA based algorithm.

Score with EQ: 7.32
Code:
Type     Freq       Gain    Q
PEQ     228.0,    -0.69,   4.66,...
PEQ     300.0,    -0.72,   6.51,...
PEQ     965.0,     0.74,   0.93,...
PEQ    1272.0,    -1.00,   7.50,...
PEQ    1883.0,    -1.21,   3.26,...
PEQ    2917.0,     1.37,   3.67,...
PEQ    3667.0,    -0.82,   2.65,...
PEQ    5724.0,    -0.76,   7.00,...
PEQ    6648.0,     0.82,   4.41,...
PEQ    7700.0,    -0.78,   6.10,...
PEQ   11536.0,    -0.86,   6.13,...

GGNTK M1 EQ design.png

With the resulting Spinorama:
GGNTK M1 EQed Spinorama.png

The regressions:
GGNTK M1 Regression - Tonal.png

I have attached the data I scanned for those interested.

I would be curious to know if
1. you would be open to share the raw data?
2. you could try the EQ and report?

Great work!
M

Attachments

• GGNTK M1 Radar EQ vs no EQ.png
    GGNTK M1 Radar EQ vs no EQ.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 136
  • GGNTK M1 Spinorama.zip
    28.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I wonder about the sales policy.
I know this is a company in Germany.
Can I buy it in other countries?
Do you sell directly all over the world?
Or is it delivered to each country through a distributor?
I live in Asia and I am very curious about this part.

Well, I guess our sales policy is similar to every other loudspeaker company. Only a few manufacturers sell worldwide, since there is different local regulations and possible legal issues.

Still being a start-up our focus is the German-speaking market, including Switzerland and Austria. Lately we close partnerships with a partner in UK and talking to some Scandinavian distributers. Also there are many inquiries from the US, Australia and Korea. We might expand our network, but it's all in early stage right now.

You can buy directly ex factory, but won't have local service and support ("private import"). This is why we are more active in boards like these, to give you more information up front.

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
For a bit of fun and for what it's worth... I have scanned the cardioid Spinorama.
Being scanned the calculated scores are only indicative.
Score with no EQ: 6.45

Then proceeded to design an EQ as usual.
Without imposing a hard target for the LW this is as flat as I can design, with regards to the regression, with my GA based algorithm.

Score with EQ: 7.32
Code:
Type     Freq       Gain    Q
PEQ     228.0,    -0.69,   4.66,...
PEQ     300.0,    -0.72,   6.51,...
PEQ     965.0,     0.74,   0.93,...
PEQ    1272.0,    -1.00,   7.50,...
PEQ    1883.0,    -1.21,   3.26,...
PEQ    2917.0,     1.37,   3.67,...
PEQ    3667.0,    -0.82,   2.65,...
PEQ    5724.0,    -0.76,   7.00,...
PEQ    6648.0,     0.82,   4.41,...
PEQ    7700.0,    -0.78,   6.10,...
PEQ   11536.0,    -0.86,   6.13,...

I would be curious to know if
1. you would be open to share the raw data?
2. you could try the EQ and report?

Thanks a lot!
With score you mean the preference score (6.45)? Pretty neat, isn't it?

As with your EQ numbers: +/- 1 db is within the drift of the drivers, so you are trying so compensate the variations of the parts. This can't be done ex factory, since every single speaker had to be calibrated. Well, it could be done, but would need half a day to get that precision right, which would drive costs probably + 20%. We might have a look at the PEQ at 1883 and 2917 Hz though ;-)

But it makes more sense to calibrate at the listeners place via room EQ (also build in). This way you will correct everything at once.

(I have to check with engineering as for the raw data.)

Top Bottom