• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GGNTKT M3 yes M3 Formerly known as M2!

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Are they available to order Roland?
BW Keith

Reactions: CMB

Ra1zel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Another hint of upcoming Model M3:

View attachment 237628

We changed (and still do) to another paint shop, because bigger surfaces (compared to Model M1) are more challeging to get on the same quality level. Also there is still shortage on certain electronic components, which delays production. So I hope we can get some more M3's until the end of year. However among the first customers there is one in the US (NY) and The Netherlands.
They look fabulous

audiophiley

Do you have a decay plot for the m3 like this one:
Kii Three Decay.JPG

...I was close to buy a Kii Three system, but now i came across this AMAZING looking concept :) ...just wondering about the bass decay because of the ported design!
...And a few other thigns:
Is the transient response comparable to the Kii Three?
I'm also wondering about the 5ms latency of the M3 vs. 88ms on the Kii Three (linear mode): can you acheive the same sound quality in just 5ms? Is it just phase adjusted or also time adjusted?
...I ask because I need to buy studiomonitors capable for at least mixing (if not also for mastering) in an untreated (frequently changed) room.
What is the minimum distance to the walls? (+ I assume each speaker can be configured seperately for compensating for asymmetric placement (wall/corner)?)
Are the M3 capable for professional Studio use (I know, speaking of an untreated professional studio sounds a bit silly) or are they meant to be audiophile HiFi equipment?
Thanks a lot!

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Do you have a decay plot for the m3 like this one:
View attachment 238090
...I was close to buy a Kii Three system, but now i came across this AMAZING looking concept :) ...just wondering about the bass decay because of the ported design!
...And a few other thigns:
Is the transient response comparable to the Kii Three?
I'm also wondering about the 5ms latency of the M3 vs. 88ms on the Kii Three (linear mode): can you acheive the same sound quality in just 5ms? Is it just phase adjusted or also time adjusted?
...I ask because I need to buy studiomonitors capable for at least mixing (if not also for mastering) in an untreated (frequently changed) room.
What is the minimum distance to the walls? (+ I assume each speaker can be configured seperately for compensating for asymmetric placement (wall/corner)?)
Are the M3 capable for professional Studio use (I know, speaking of an untreated professional studio sounds a bit silly) or are they meant to be audiophile HiFi equipment?
Thanks a lot!

I tried to get all your answers:
  • All ported design are at least 4th order filters, so the decay is always more than with closed cabinets. Unfortunately most of these effects are masked by the room itself, so the room decay adds a lot more decay upon that. We went for a ported design because is more than doubles the maxSPL capabilities in the bass area with the given form-factor.
  • Our low latency while using FIR filters comes from proprietary and highly optimizes software implementation combined with the SHARC-DSP silicon.
  • It can be placed very near to the wall so about 20 cm (8-inches) in cardioid mode.
  • Each speaker can be EQ'ed individually to compensate asymmetric placing
  • Actually both Model M1 and M3 are made for both use-case, so for professional and home use. Although not every audiophile/hifi enthusiast will like the sound, but this can be customized on the listeners taste.
Hope that helps, but feels free to ask.

Damned

So 6950€ for M1 and 22937€ for M3 - 3.3 pairs of M1 - what a huge gap, what happened with your x2 projection price ? Fundamentaly it seems the M3 (M2 on your website) is a M1 with integrated subwoofer and a taller cabinet, am I wrong ? So it's 16000€ for subs (with their amplifiers obviously.)

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
So 6950€ for M1 and 22937€ for M3 - 3.3 pairs of M1 - what a huge gap, what happened with your x2 projection price ? Fundamentaly it seems the M3 (M2 on your website) is a M1 with integrated subwoofer and a taller cabinet, am I wrong ? So it's 16000€ for subs (with their amplifiers obviously.)

As we started developing Model M2 we had a scaled-up version of Model M1 in mind. But during development and many iterations it became a completely different and much more complex (4-way) loudspeaker. Hence we renamed it to Model M3 to indicate that. But you're right, that this has left quite a big gap between these two models in our line-up. We are thinking about a "new" Model M2, which will either way an bass-extension (integrated in a stand) for Model M1 (see Kii Three BXT) or a stand-alone system, downsizing Model M3. We haven't decided yet, since we ware focusing on Model M3 introduction. Your suggested price point seem logical and doable, though ;-)

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Thread title changed as requested, GGNTKT M3 ( the speaker formerly known as),

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
More on the M3, can’t remember if I have already posted this or not,

Keith

Zaireeka

Any chance you post the 3rd page with the polar diagrams?

Top Bottom