• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GGNTKT M3 yes M3 Formerly known as M2!

q3cpma

Major Contributor
Looking incredible. If it is near 10~11k €, it'll beat the crap out of D&D and Kii. Now, if only it had something like Dirac (or better, a cross-platform soft by the DSP maker) inside, it'd be literally perfect.

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor

Thanks!
As you can see, we used the exact same room and measurement system that was used for the Kii Three, so the measurement are as comparable as it gets :)

Unknown.jpeg

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
So you'll also get a max SPL at fixed THD graph? Because I really wonder how loud it can get.
Yes, sure:

GGNTKT-M3_THD-limit.png

Some comments here:
  • >1,5 kHz HF is mostly H2 limited, which typically with compression drivers. Still all components are below common hearing thresholds. H3 (and all other components) are extremely low, no matter how much power you throw on them.
  • Mid-bass driver is extremely low distortion 200-1500 Hz with <1% THD @>110 dB. In the area of 1 kHz it even gets 115 dB out of the 1% THD limit, right where the ear is most sensible.
  • Bass <60 Hz ist power limited, those 2x 10" suck out all the 1000W, if you want them to. That is why we also have a 1500W (S-) version for those who want to nuke their homes :cool:
  • The dip around 130 Hz are distortion of the ports that we already fixed. It's completely masked when playin regular music at the listening position, though.
  • Below Tuning (<32 Hz), THD is raising exponentially, which is normal with ventilated cabinets. This is why we use a multi-band limiter which max out excursion, while protecting the drivers (so no simple high pass).

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Looks similar to the Genelec 8351/61(top/bottom opposite woofers to control directivity) with W371A tower extension, but all in one cabinet. Very nice.
If we like to stay within the Genelec product range, I'd say it's more like a S360 + W371A.

Reactions: CMB
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Wow they look incredible, there aren’t many speakers that are genuinely exciting.
Keith

HooStat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have to say that these are the most interesting speakers I have seen (for my use case anyway). I can't wait to see more.

Morla

Forum Donor
makes me questioning my purchase of the kii three :>

..nah it's just the doubt fighting in my head

q3cpma

Major Contributor
[*]Bass <60 Hz ist power limited, those 2x 10" suck out all the 1000W, if you want them to. That is why we also have a 1500W (S-) version for those who want to nuke their homes :cool:
Wouldn't you be able to reclaim a bit of power by offering a cardioid tuning in between the 30 Hz (which I doubt is that useful when it's well below usual transition frequencies) and natural 200 Hz? Something like 100 Hz, for example.

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
What are they made of?
It's called "valchromat" which is 30 % denser/stronger than traditional MDF and has a homogenous structure, which we need to mill the waveguide in. We use it with all of our speaker, so Model M1 and S1 are also made of it.

Wouldn't you be able to reclaim a bit of power by offering a cardioid tuning in between the 30 Hz (which I doubt is that useful when it's well below usual transition frequencies) and natural 200 Hz? Something like 100 Hz, for example.
Yes, might be. We have different presets in the making and will start with a traditional monopol and the cardioid with the null @180°.

Top Bottom