• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GGNTKT M3 yes M3 Formerly known as M2!

HooStat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A and D. If you do A, some people will want a cover, which is essentially like D. If you do D with a simple design, no one will care.

HooStat

Though, I do have a question... it looks like the power port will be about midway on the speaker. Will you have a wire holder built-in to this speaker? Or is there a way to put this at the base of the speaker? I think this is such a nice design that I'd hate to "ruin" it by having a few wires dangling off the back; especially from that high up. For context, with most bookshelf speakers you can purchase stands to run the wires inside.
I agree. I still like the idea of the external amp (as with the M1). It is one less wire to run to the speaker and makes repairs of the electronics easier and allows one to upgrade to the amp with more power. But if you build them in, it would be great to have the connections at the bottom or some other way to keep the installation neat.

Glen20

There is some (aesthetic) design refinement going on... what do you guys think?

Variant A:
View attachment 171046

Variant BView attachment 171047

Variant C

View attachment 171048

Variant D
View attachment 171049

Variant D+ (along with different patterns)
View attachment 171050
D+ right then
D right
Power socket at bottom in same minimalist style as you have rendered

Sort of like genelec 6040R but prettier 1B7FA9FE-91DE-4B31-9DCC-8EE5ECC5800C.jpeg95200233-0D0E-49C3-B53F-88D9CF0BA83A.jpeg
It would be a hit with interior designer types. To be able to have very short cord to power socket in the floor. Or have power cable under flooring.
F53066B6-5E6C-4ADF-939D-819E155A2FEE.jpeg

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Thanks a lot for the feedback and your suggestions!

I sat down with the team and we decided to go with A, so that you can see all the drivers. There will be a cover similar to B as an accessories later on for people who prefer to hide the woofer below the horizontal groove – that gives it a more non-technical look.

As for the cable management that @hardisj, @jhaider & @Glen20 asked for, I'm afraid there won't be a solution right from the start. All positions of the connectors are set and can't be moved. The only option would be some sort of cover for guide the cables.

I still like the idea of the external amp (as with the M1). It is one less wire to run to the speaker and makes repairs of the electronics easier and allows one to upgrade to the amp with more power.
Looking back on Model M1 while in home/non-professional use, people didn't like any external components. We had to relocate the electronics because it didn't fit into the speakers cabinet – but with Model M3 it did, so we took the chance to integrate it. We could also go for an external option again, but that would lead to 2x separate enclosures that are also bigger/higher (probably 1.5 U each).

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I sat down with the team and we decided to go with A, so that you can see all the drivers. There will be a cover similar to B as an accessories later on for people who prefer to hide the woofer below the horizontal groove – that gives it a more non-technical look.

As for the cable management that @hardisj, @jhaider & @Glen20 asked for, I'm afraid there won't be a solution right from the start. All positions of the connectors are set and can't be moved. The only option would be some sort of cover for guide the cables.

Looking back on Model M1 while in home/non-professional use, people didn't like any external components. We had to relocate the electronics because it didn't fit into the speakers cabinet – but with Model M3 it did, so we took the chance to integrate it. We could also go for an external option again, but that would lead to 2x separate enclosures that are also bigger/higher (probably 1.5 U each).
Roland isn't it about time a pair of M1's make their way to Seattle, so Amir can do a comprehensive review? Surely by now supply chain issues have abated sufficiently to allow you to spare a pair long enough for a good examination.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Regarding the look not D IMO . The vent slats make it look like som HVAC thingy blue leds would add to that look :)

Speaking of that if you have a led somewhere avoid a bright blue one , looks garish and cheap . A soft muted green is nicer.

Ra1zel

It was years since I was excited for a speaker, everything "new" is just new take on decades old ideas, yet now suddenly this and new gradients make me feel that things are finally moving forward, active speakers are long time standard in music production and now its finally coming to home high-end hi-fi systems.

Glen20

Thanks for the info Roland. Your decisions sound great with your explanation.
Prior to your reply ( sitting in my armchair) I thought it would have been easy to have a internal “extension” cord from the Pascal board to the bottom of the unit.
I saw an earlier render of your internal structure which I scribbled on.
46087FCB-1C07-47C2-8177-EA2A5FD03331.jpeg
BUT once I had a look at the Pascal Electronic boards. I can see how complicated they are and how stupid I was!!
The only thing missing from those Pascal boards is a headphone amplifier and a turntable (joke)

badboygolf16v

Forum Donor
The directivity control of the M3 is very good.

I wonder how low it would go in room against a back wall? Possible to use the speaker without a sub and get useable 20Hz?

Emlin

The directivity control of the M3 is very good.

I wonder how low it would go in room against a back wall? Possible to use the speaker without a sub and get useable 20Hz?
They're meant to go close to the front wall (the wall in front of the listener). But we haven't heard anything of them for a long time, so maybe never.
Where and how are you and what's going on?

Last edited:

Zaireeka

Any news?
I'm nervously waiting for M1 owners to do the upgrade so I can snatch a second hand pair at an indecent price :p

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Another hint of upcoming Model M3:

M3_WZ_V02_2.jpg

We changed (and still do) to another paint shop, because bigger surfaces (compared to Model M1) are more challeging to get on the same quality level. Also there is still shortage on certain electronic components, which delays production. So I hope we can get some more M3's until the end of year. However among the first customers there is one in the US (NY) and The Netherlands.

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Forgive me if this is a basic question, but do you find that there are any reflections from the rear of the cabinet coming through the midrange driver? The rear of the cabinet is quite close to the driver itself. I assume a lot of absorptive material is used?

Damned

Another hint of upcoming Model M3:

View attachment 237628

We changed (and still do) to another paint shop, because bigger surfaces (compared to Model M1) are more challeging to get on the same quality level. Also there is still shortage on certain electronic components, which delays production. So I hope we can get some more M3's until the end of year. However among the first customers there is one in the US (NY) and The Netherlands.
Nice picture, so several colors will be available ?

Top Bottom