• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Getting digital audio from my PS5 into my Topping E30

atlas_ns

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a solution to circumvent the removal of the optical output on the PS5.

So far, I have seen two possibilities:
  1. A UAC1 USB Audio Interface, such as the Behringer UCA202/UCA222
  2. An HDMI Audio Extractor
I would be fine with the first solution, however, the interface is limited to 16 bit at 48KHz. Though I am unsure if 24 bit at 96KHz is possible for UAC1 devices.
Preferably, I would like to steer clear of HDMI Audio Extractor, as I have not found ones supporting HDCP 2.3 so far.

If you could recommend a solution, especially a "better" USB audio interface, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you!

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What i'm doing right now is taking TOSLINK output of my TV and into the DAC. It's basically an HDMI extractor but done properly without the extra hastle.

This is best solution imo.

OP
A

atlas_ns

What i'm doing right now is taking TOSLINK output of my TV and into the DAC. It's basically an HDMI extractor but done properly without the extra hastle.

This is best solution imo.

Unfortunately that will not work for me, as I use a monitor with no digital audio output.

Top Bottom