• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Getting AirPlay 2 support on a Denon DRA-N4

fc0712

Hey.

i currently own a Denon DRA-N4 and is looking to uograde to a AirPlay 2 system. I have looked at diffrent solutions. I’m using Apple Music and is planning to also get an HomePod mini to control the AirPlay music in my home.

I have thought about buying the argon solo streamer and connecting that to my Denon DRA-N4. Another even cheaper solution would be buying WiiM Mini and thus getting AirPlay 2 support.

Finally I was thinking about getting a new amp perhaps one with AirPlay 2 integrated or something like a relatively cheap amp like argon SA1 combined with either the Wii M mini or the argon solo.

What would you guys recommend? I’m hoping to other solutions as well

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey.

i currently own a Denon DRA-N4 and is looking to uograde to a AirPlay 2 system. I have looked at diffrent solutions. I’m using Apple Music and is planning to also get an HomePod mini to control the AirPlay music in my home.

I have thought about buying the argon solo streamer and connecting that to my Denon DRA-N4. Another even cheaper solution would be buying WiiM Mini and thus getting AirPlay 2 support.

Finally I was thinking about getting a new amp perhaps one with AirPlay 2 integrated or something like a relatively cheap amp like argon SA1 combined with either the Wii M mini or the argon solo.

What would you guys recommend? I’m hoping to other solutions as well
Find a used Airport Express on ebay 25.00 then if Apple updates AirPlay2 which we all hope they will then you can through the Express away and use whatever is needed then. Who know though the Airport Express might be compatible as well.

OP
F

fc0712

Find a used Airport Express on ebay 25.00 then if Apple updates AirPlay2 which we all hope they will then you can through the Express away and use whatever is needed then. Who know though the Airport Express might be compatible as well.
Thanks - I’m having trouble finding a cheap airport express on eBay as I’m from Denmark, so the there is often relatively high shipping cost and/or high importing fees. So I was just thinking of buying the Wiim mini as it works the same if not better than the airport express and “only” cost 99 eur

Top Bottom