• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli Labs ENOG2 PRO DAC Fully balanced

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
:( I don't like this. They might send you a 'golden sample'. It happened for the JDS Atom and I have had that small itch in my brain from then :(
Well, one of you can send me another sample to test then. :) Until then, they did send me a unit and that is the one I will be testing.

bequietjk

Been lurking around this place for a while now, thought I'd drop in and register!

Just got the ENOG2 in today, sitting right next to my OL DAC. Personally... From what I can tell it sounds more clear and detailed than the OL.

Something that gets me though is the output at 1vrms. I had no idea that was the output before purchasing it and wonder how it affects the sound. So... I did a thing and ordered a tone board. Curiosity of it has been biting at me. I want to pit them up with each other and listen.

Don't get me wrong. First impressions of the ENOG2 are incredible. But I also love exploring new sound and MUST hear the tone board along with this Geshelli.

Can't wait for your measurements/results of the ENOG2, amir. Cheers to this website you've created. Great place ^_^

OP
L

Legion1capone

Not sure if you are aware and I'm not even actually sure what the volt output is on each. But there are 3 settings for volume output if you click and hold the input button. Not sure if yours was set to the highest.

Been lurking around this place for a while now, thought I'd drop in and register!

Just got the ENOG2 in today, sitting right next to my OL DAC. Personally... From what I can tell it sounds more clear and detailed than the OL.

Something that gets me though is the output at 1vrms. I had no idea that was the output before purchasing it and wonder how it affects the sound. So... I did a thing and ordered a tone board. Curiosity of it has been biting at me. I want to pit them up with each other and listen.

Don't get me wrong. First impressions of the ENOG2 are incredible. But I also love exploring new sound and MUST hear the tone board along with this Geshelli.

Can't wait for your measurements/results of the ENOG2, amir. Cheers to this website you've created. Great place ^_^

bequietjk

Not sure if you are aware and I'm not even actually sure what the volt output is on each. But there are 3 settings for volume output if you click and hold the input button. Not sure if yours was set to the highest.

It arrived set to the highest.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I am visiting and refreshing so much waiting for the ENOG2 review that I had to start supporting the Patreon to offset the traffic costs!
OK, I will bump up the priority. :) I have one review I am working on right now and then I will do ENOG2....

OP
L

Legion1capone

Yes they did. Which one you all want tested first???

I personally find there amp to make far more of a difference to the sound of my system than the dac. But the dac does make a very positive diff. My vote is for the amp first.

KR8NUX

Speculation, or is there some evidence his Atom was not representative that I may have missed?
Since no one else has measured the device, I can speculate, but it's common knowledge that companies send top reviewers golden samples.
This is the reason why a site like RTINGS only buys their own headphones and not get review samples from companies directly.

Veri

Master Contributor

Tatteredmidnight

Since no one else has measured the device, I can speculate, but it's common knowledge that companies send top reviewers golden samples.
This is the reason why a site like RTINGS only buys their own headphones and not get review samples from companies directly.
Stating speculation as fact is a specious misrepresentation of the situation. Raising doubts is a far cry from borderline accusations of misconduct, and I don't believe it should be accepted that review samples provided by manufacurers are putative golden units.

KR8NUX

Stating speculation as fact is a specious misrepresentation of the situation. Raising doubts is a far cry from borderline accusations of misconduct, and I don't believe it should be accepted that review samples provided by manufacurers are putative golden units.
Did you read what I wrote ?
I said JDS Labs sent him the Atom directly(which is fact). Which is what caused me to have an 'itch in my brain'. Where in my entire conversation have you seen me do a direct accusation that the unit sent to him was a 'golden' one ? I stated common industry marketing strategy where reviewers are generally handed out non-retail prototypes which have been engineered with extra care for better performance.

If you want to understand why reviewing retail off the shelf products is justified, I'd suggest you read why RTINGS does so.
And I'd also suggest you leave your aggression at the door when you discuss things on ASR, this is not like other forums where the first step of negotiation is an attack.

KR8NUX

While a fair remark, JDS labs is one of the manufacturers that do their own measurements and are transparent all the way through about their products.
https://blog.jdslabs.com/2018/11/jds-labs-atom-amp-official-release-benchmarks/

Measured 0.00015% in-house, 0.0002% at ASR.
I have learnt to respect JDS Labs for that. But the number of experiences I've had on forums that shall not be named have left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and constant skepticism. Audio GD comes to mind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom