• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli Lab Erish coming soon

David E.

Just wanted to take a moment to praise Geshelli. Last night while working and listening to some tunes, the Erish turned off. I tried turning it back on but no go. Waited a few minutes and it powered back up but then shut down shortly thereafter. I sent Geshelli an email around 12am CDT and within a few minutes, I had already received a response from Sherri. Talk about awesome customer service. She will be sending me another Erish and even asked if I wanted to keep the same color scheme as the original I had ordered. Prior to last night, the Erish had been rock solid so I can't wait to get the new one. Customer service speaks volumes and I can honestly say I'm going to be keeping an eye out for new/upcoming products from Geshelli. I say this while at the same waiting for close to 2 weeks for another small audio related company to respond to my request for status on my order that's been on the books now for several months. THANK YOU GESHELLI!

David

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just wanted to take a moment to praise Geshelli. Last night while working and listening to some tunes, the Erish turned off. I tried turning it back on but no go. Waited a few minutes and it powered back up but then shut down shortly thereafter. I sent Geshelli an email around 12am CDT and within a few minutes, I had already received a response from Sherri. Talk about awesome customer service. She will be sending me another Erish and even asked if I wanted to keep the same color scheme as the original I had ordered. Prior to last night, the Erish had been rock solid so I can't wait to get the new one. Customer service speaks volumes and I can honestly say I'm going to be keeping an eye out for new/upcoming products from Geshelli. I say this while at the same waiting for close to 2 weeks for another small audio related company to respond to my request for status on my order that's been on the books now for several months. THANK YOU GESHELLI!

David

Theyre good like that.

Geshelli

Audio Company

David
Wow! Thank you very much for taking the time to write about this. We are also consumers and it's frustrating when something breaks and you have to jump through hoops. We understand this and try to respond to folks ASAP. We're glad you are satisfied with the communication and solution. You will be up and running again soon.

minmsee

David
Totally agree. Their communication is the world fastest and the customer service is one of the best among all audio manufacturers. I became an enthusiastic fan of Geshelli!

gino1961

thanks for the very interesting thread. I absolutely don't want to diminish the talent of the designers at Geshelli but looking at the opamp datasheet, it seems to me that we are talking about a remarkable product from TI, am I wrong?
https://www.ti.com/lit/gpn/OPA1656
i wonder why this part is not more popular among designers of line stages/headphone amps

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Data sheet shows it is a relative new opamp (2019), that may have something to do with it.

gino1961

Data sheet shows it is a relative new opamp (2019), that may have something to do with it.
Hi yes ! i have seen two different distortion measurements reports ... i am confused
I wonder if a review of this nice headphone amp is planned

Last edited:

FirstLegion

We REALLY need the Erish reviewed. The Archel 2.5 Pro is a marvel, but the Erish is RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING. Gino's measurements bottomed out the APX555, so I can only surmise @amirm will get the same readings. This amp deserves its spot at the top of the headphone amp throne!

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
We REALLY need the Erish reviewed. The Archel 2.5 Pro is a marvel, but the Erish is RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING. Gino's measurements bottomed out the APX555, so I can only surmise @amirm will get the same readings. This amp deserves its spot at the top of the headphone amp throne!
Don't be too excited...

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

David

The on/off button on my Erish stopped functioning, I emailed Geshelli and they responded very quickly. They advised I could send the unit back for repair (they would cover shipping both ways) or they would send me a new board for me to install. I agreed to the new board; hopefully I won't screw it up replacing it.

Very good customer service from Geshelli. I strongly recommend the amplifier and buy with confidence from them as they will look after you!

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The on/off button on my Erish stopped functioning, I emailed Geshelli and they responded very quickly. They advised I could send the unit back for repair (they would cover shipping both ways) or they would send me a new board for me to install. I agreed to the new board; hopefully I won't screw it up replacing it.

Very good customer service from Geshelli. I strongly recommend the amplifier and buy with confidence from them as they will look after you!

I contacted Geshelli labs Saturday, October 10, received a reply the next day, today Tuesday October 13 (Florida to Ontario Canada) I received the new board, it's installed and my Senn HD 580s sound absolutely amazing powered by the Erish!

They also sent a brand new front and back plate in case I scratched the existing plates removing and reinstalling them.

And all this was over a holiday weekend; Columbus Day in the USA and Thanksgiving in Canada!

This amplifier sounds impressive with all my numerous balanced headphones!

solderdude

Grand Contributor
It will be below 1 Ohm.
In any case an inconsequential low value for sure.
Perhaps @Geshelli may know?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Different output connectors, both have balanced inputs.
In higher impedances you will get more power out of the Erish but need a balanced headphone (though with a trick can use it with TRS jacks)
The 2.5 will work with TRS jack headphones and balanced headphone using a converter cable.
I would be very surprised if overall performance is very different other than in output power for high impedance headphones.

Different output connectors, both have balanced inputs.
In higher impedances you will get more power out of the Erish but need a balanced headphone (though with a trick can use it with TRS jacks)
The 2.5 will work with TRS jack headphones and balanced headphone using a converter cable.
I would be very surprised if overall performance is very different other than in output power for high impedance headphones.
Is there any audible difference between them? If not, it sounds like it makes the most sense just to get the Archel 2.5 Pro as it's more versatile.

Would it be possible to run IEM's on the Erish?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there any audible difference between them? If not, it sounds like it makes the most sense just to get the Archel 2.5 Pro as it's more versatile.

Would it be possible to run IEM's on the Erish?

I would agree with that about the archel.

You could run iem on the Erish if you got a balanced cable and an xlr adapter. I would have thought it might just be too loud with most sensitive IEM. I don't get much room to move on the volume knob with 30 to 50 ohm full size cans. I would have thought the Topping L30 with its low low gain setting might be better.

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
Was I missing Amir's review on the ERISH? I see that manufacturer already posted their own measurement here: https://geshelli.com/erish-balanced, so very competent headamp.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Was I missing Amir's review on the ERISH? I see that manufacturer already posted their own measurement here: https://geshelli.com/erish-balanced, so very competent headamp.

No review but I might recall Amir saying he had one from a member - or maybe that was the Archel 2.5 that got a recent review @amirm?

Top Bottom