• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli Lab Erish coming soon

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I bet you can ask them to build one for you. Maybe even make it an optional product. Sherri and Geno are quite responsive.

For E.U. customers only, looking for this specific converter cable, I am willing to make them but only using parts I have in stock, not special brand cables or connectors and not in quantities.
Offer extends to ASR members only and must use PM.

Of course such cable can not be guaranteed to work with other 4-pin XLR out amps because not all designs may be suited and not all amps may have grounded shields and not all designs have no DC output voltage with respect to ground.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Oooh!

Standard feedback for new products at this stage. It works. It sounds (purely subjectively), good! Anything more than that would be decidedly not ASR.

Starting it off easy though with LCD X. See how it gets on with HE560 and Ether CX and some others later.

EDIT: Its damn clean too.

Unlike my rack.

EDIT 2: I just heard a pin farting deep in the mix on the last track I listened to.

IMG_20200601_085806.jpg

Last edited:

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Oooh!

Standard feedback for new products at this stage. It works. It sounds (purely subjectively), good! Anything more than that would be decidedly not ASR.

Starting it off easy though with LCD X. See how it gets on with HE560 and Ether CX and some others later.View attachment 66558
What kind of supply is used this time?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What kind of supply is used this time?
Believe the same as all their stuff. Same appearance. Little wart. It's all tangled in the rats nest now so don't want to check the numbers

solderdude

Grand Contributor
For 25 Euros I can throw in a T-shirt as well.
WTET.png

converter cable using fancy connectors and cable color.

P6010203.JPG

sorry incorrect description:

This ultimate quality custom made (to owners specifications) conversion cable, constructed with the best sounding audiophile quality components, cryo treated conductors with special geometry and the finest high silver/chrome/gold/titanium alloy hand soldered connections. The red super soft and supple outer sheathing removes cold sound and warms the sound up to a warm glowy red sound without changing the tonality. This ensures a rich sound with super high qualities.
Not only does this converter cable simply converts between the balanced 4-pin XLR Erish output and 6.35 locking TRS connectors but it actually improves sound quality by at least 3 levels.

Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
No can do .. £25 is currently 27,79 Euros.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 66580

View attachment 66581

This ultimate quality conversion cable, constructed with the best sounding audiophile quality components, cryo treated conductors with special geometry and the finest high silver/chrome/gold/titanium alloy hand soldered connections. This ensures super high quality sound reproduction.
Not only does this converter cable simply converts between the balanced 4-pin XLR Erish output and 6.35 locking TRS connectors but it actually improves sound quality by at least 3 levels.

Now, the really interesting question is when I use this on my XLR only Schiit Mjolnir (the original non tuby beast) with my shiny Grados, what will blow up first?

(Seriously folks- dont)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 66580

View attachment 66581

This ultimate quality custom made (to owners specifications) conversion cable, constructed with the best sounding audiophile quality components, cryo treated conductors with special geometry and the finest high silver/chrome/gold/titanium alloy hand soldered connections. The red super soft and supple outer sheathing removes cold sound and warms the sound up to a warm glowy red sound without changing the tonality. This ensures a rich sound with super high qualities.

Measurements or GTFO ! :cool:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Nothing will blow up for certain.
Whether or not there is normal sound depends on the shield being connected to ground or not.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Measurements or GTFO ! :cool:

You will need to send the cable to @chris0202 for independent measurements once you received it.
(Sorry Chris, just making fun and insuring you saw the now available T-shirt)

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

chris0202

Speaking of Geshelli, I sometimes wishes people don't rely on alpha pots that much. Pin pitche is not 5mm and no easy replacement outside that brand.

Last edited:

Celty

I have yet to purchase a Geshelli product, though this amp may be my first. I have followed the reviews for their products for quite awhile (both the objective and subjective reviews). I love the approach they take to designing and manufacturing, it is truly unique in this world of corporate group think.

Two people that have a vision for what they believe constitutes excellence, and pursue that without caring what pundits and "experts" think about it. Don't like the case aesthetics - fine, buy something else. They don't believe USB is the way to go for DAC inputs, if you don't agree, fine, go elsewhere. They do believe in measurable excellence, which is evident in the results for their products, and the pricing is always a true bargain.

I happen to be a fan of XLR in and XLR out, so for me the Erish is a very tempting new product at a fantastic price point. Can't wait to see what they are cooking up for their new DAC!

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have yet to purchase a Geshelli product, though this amp may be my first. I have followed the reviews for their products for quite awhile (both the objective and subjective reviews). I love the approach they take to designing and manufacturing, it is truly unique in this world of corporate group think.

Two people that have a vision for what they believe constitutes excellence, and pursue that without caring what pundits and "experts" think about it. Don't like the case aesthetics - fine, buy something else. They don't believe USB is the way to go for DAC inputs, if you don't agree, fine, go elsewhere. They do believe in measurable excellence, which is evident in the results for their products, and the pricing is always a true bargain.

I happen to be a fan of XLR in and XLR out, so for me the Erish is a very tempting new product at a fantastic price point. Can't wait to see what they are cooking up for their new DAC!
I have the Geshelli Archel 2 paired with the Topping E30 as well as the RME ADI2 DAC FS. All serve a purpose, but the Geshelli pairing sounds great and dare I say it? As good as the RME.

Top Bottom