• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli Lab Erish coming soon

FirstLegion

Let me end all of your concerns, questions...whatever. I am a ghost producer and mastering engineer. I received this unit 2 weeks ago from Geno. IT IS AWESOME. I've never heard anything more clear. Period. Balanced all the way through. There is nothing else that beats this unit. Simple, precise and BRUTALLY honest. I had to redo several projects that I thought were perfect. This reveals all. It is CLINICAL. If you are looking for a "sound", this isn't it. This is a mixing/mastering engineering dream. C L A R I T Y. I can now master in headphones. Damn, I need better headphones. Everything I have worked on with this unit translates to any system out there. The NEW KING. When it goes on sale, don't hesitate - even if it's $1,000...but it won't be! ;)

escalibur

Let me end all of your concerns, questions...whatever. I am a ghost producer and mastering engineer. I received this unit 2 weeks ago from Geno. IT IS AWESOME. I've never heard anything more clear. Period. Balanced all the way through. There is nothing else that beats this unit. Simple, precise and BRUTALLY honest. I had to redo several projects that I thought were perfect. This reveals all. It is CLINICAL. If you are looking for a "sound", this isn't it. This is a mixing/mastering engineering dream. C L A R I T Y. I can now master in headphones. Damn, I need better headphones. Everything I have worked on with this unit translates to any system out there. The NEW KING. When it goes on sale, don't hesitate - even if it's $1,000...but it won't be! ;)
I'm one review sample away from believing you. :p

ScofieldKid

Curious, why the 6x gain as the 2nd option? I assume people want lower gain if it is less noice, but I don't know.
And of course, Price/Availability guesses???

Tks

Major Contributor

I always wondered how people in the industry make due with the equipment they use. It must be all garbage compared to consumer stuff (unless you want to count RME in the mix that does well even on the pro side of their gear, seeing as they openly take scientific approaches to building their stuff regardless of market).

I imagine sending someone a Geshelli to listen to the music they produce is something pretty jarring for people that listen to a set of production gear all day that isn't anywhere near what these modern devices can do these days..

mt196

Well, there is a lot of gear used in production that measures really well, I think you are misleading audiophile myths with people working with audio. A lot of producers maybe spend a lot less than some rich audiophile, but I assure you that professional audio brands post very good specs for their equipment and usually they are correct (differently from a lot of consumer brands that it was known in the past that tried to make their specs better than they were). It is also true though that in these days some producers are making crappy masters and productions since "they will be listened to on cars and soundbars, so who cares"

Tks

Major Contributor
Well, there is a lot of gear used in production that measures really well, I think you are misleading audiophile myths with people working with audio. A lot of producers maybe spend a lot less than some rich audiophile, but I assure you that professional audio brands post very good specs for their equipment and usually they are correct (differently from a lot of consumer brands that it was known in the past that tried to make their specs better than they were). It is also true though that in these days some producers are making crappy masters and productions since "they will be listened to on cars and soundbars, so who cares"

Outside of RME, who are these companies supposedly making pro gear that measures well? I admit ignorance on this matter.

mt196

Outside of RME, who are these companies supposedly making pro gear that measures well? I admit ignorance on this matter.
I know of Violectric and LakePeople here in EU for example, but there are also other that I don't remember quite well (since I don't work in audio production sector :p )

Sonny1

Different strokes for different folks. What else did my mother used to say all of the time?Something about not having something nice to say..... Regardless I digress.

I don’t think I have seen Geno or Sherri littering up any of the Topping threads. Are there no rules or etiquette here for MOT’s?

I totally agree. Classless behavior by the Topping guy.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
First let me say that Geshelli Labs is not just one person, it is two. And as the CEO of this two-person self-funded organization, I am damn proud of Geno. He has (using whatever equipment we can scape up) brought this company to the point where a representative of Topping has been triggered by a post that originated on our website. Yes, John Yang, you can call it what you want, but you have touted repeatedly that you design for Topping. You did so in this post. Your said “I’m the designer of A90 L30 A50s”, therefore, in the eyes of this manufacturer, you are representing Topping. Since Geno solely designs our products and you (solely, team up with?) design for Topping, one would think some sort of mutual respect would be in order. Sadly, we used to recommend one of your products not knowing that there was such an underlying animosity towards us.

The APX555 is a standardized calibrating testing equipment that is widely recognized across the audio industry. Anyone in any industry can manipulate or use semantics to make something look better or worse. To avoid confusion, industries developed standards and standardized equipment. The point of this forum is to have verifiable information about a product. Verified by the same machine that your company uses. We can all hem and haw about why our products are better than another, but as they say over and over on this site “the numbers don’t lie”. Fortunately, John Yang, our latest amp was developed for a very specific group of people. I doubt it will make its way over here for testing, breath easy, it’s ok.

It is really sad that a person tries to post about a new audio product that was seen elsewhere, on an audio forum that is supposed to be all about Science and the result is…well we can see how this turned out.

More importantly Sherri @Geshelli you told me on Facebook *approximately* 10 days, 4 hours and 30 minutes ago that it would be ready for sale in a "couple more weeks". Should I be saving back some of this weeks pay ? I needs me the third brick in my Geshelli stack :)

On a separate note I was rather upset to find out your name wasnt Shelli Geshelli. Have a good weekend and best wishes.

hellboundlex

Forum Donor
@JohnYang1997 I have been a fan of topping in the past, because they seemed to take science seriously. Attacking an unreleased product as an official rep of the company tells me that you personally don't hold the values of objectively and measurement and fair competition. In light of thAt, you have lost a customer. I have topping products. I will buy no more.

Now, as to the looks of the geshelli products, I love it. I don't want to pay for a fancy box. I don't make enough money for bullshit. I want good sound.

My current bedroom setup is atached. Who needs a fancy case when you got an old kitchen cabinet?

Attachments

• 20200509_110822.jpg
    20200509_110822.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 367

Tks

Major Contributor
@hellboundlex

Walk us through, what's going on there with all the other stuff. The 4 key "pad" looks intersting. Also is that a screen in the middle top portion of the image?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@hellboundlex

Walk us through, what's going on there with all the other stuff. The 4 key "pad" looks intersting. Also is that a screen in the middle top portion of the image?
I think its a Pi feeding an Enog2 DAC at 9, a screen like you say at 12 and and Archel 2.5 at 3 Rigged the gain and volume to 6. The keys are the basic music control for the Pi?

hellboundlex

Forum Donor
Lol. Yes. It is a screen for the raspberry pi. The four key keypad was made from a demo of different cherry keys (although all four keys are cherry red). It's just play controls.

So.... The setup is raspberry pi to enog 2. The balanced out goes to JBL 305s and the RCA to the Archel Pro.

Everything is powered by a small Pico psu.

What else? Touch screen, it runs JRiver for now, working on an IR remote.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Lol. Yes. It is a screen for the raspberry pi. The four key keypad was made from a demo of different cherry keys (although all four keys are cherry red). It's just play controls.

So.... The setup is raspberry pi to enog 2. The balanced out goes to JBL 305s and the RCA to the Archel Pro.

Everything is powered by a small Pico psu.

What else? Touch screen, it runs JRiver for now, working on an IR remote.
I got my enogs and archels confused!

Geshelli

Audio Company
More importantly Sherri @Geshelli you told me on Facebook *approximately* 10 days, 4 hours and 30 minutes ago that it would be ready for sale in a "couple more weeks". Should I be saving back some of this weeks pay ? I needs me the third brick in my Geshelli stack :)

On a separate note I was rather upset to find out your name wasnt Shelli Geshelli. Have a good weekend and best wishes.
We are waiting on the CE certification paperwork. The product has been tested and passed but we only ship with certs in hand.
Thank you for your interest, Sincerely Shelli Geshelli AKA Sherri :)

hellboundlex

Forum Donor
I got my enogs and archels confused!

Easy enough. The point of my pic was to show that good audio doesn't have to be pretty, and diy can be fun. I pieced together a system that sounds amazing for less than $600 for everything.

Of course the fact that I usually use it with headphones and can't see the screen so I vnc to it is a major design flaw on my part.

Reactions: PSO

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Easy enough. The point of my pic was to show that good audio doesn't have to be pretty, and diy can be fun. I pieced together a system that sounds amazing for less than $600 for everything.

Of course the fact that I usually use it with headphones and can't see the screen so I vnc to it is a major design flaw on my part.
I was wondering about that! I look forward to v2

FirstLegion

Curious, why the 6x gain as the 2nd option? I assume people want lower gain if it is less noice, but I don't know.
And of course, Price/Availability guesses???

Mixing/Mastering folks have multiple sets of headphones. You don't want to push that 6x gain button on a pair of 32 Ohm headphones, as you will BLOW YOUR EARS OUT.

Last edited:

hellboundlex

Forum Donor
Mixing/Mastering folks have multiple sets of headphones. The you don't want to push that 6x gain button on a pair of 32Ohm headphones, as you will BLOW YOUR EARS OUT.

Also, audiophiles with too much money (including me, and hopefully more in the future) have lots of headphones too.

I am growing weary of the office headphone amp, which is a Loxjie (sp?). Love the Archel pro I use in the bedroom with every pair of headphones. I will likely by this new amp, but it is certainly overpowered for me needs.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Also, audiophiles with too much money (including me, and hopefully more in the future) have lots of headphones too.

I am growing weary of the office headphone amp, which is a Loxjie (sp?). Love the Archel pro I use in the bedroom with every pair of headphones. I will likely by this new amp, but it is certainly overpowered for me needs.

If you don't need the xlr out, look at the Archel 2.5 instead. Beefed up Archel but takes xlr and rca in. Not seen measured anywhere but should be no worse than Archel 2 that measured excellently here.

Top Bottom