• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli Lab Erish coming soon

ReaderZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I do. Then I use adapters to go back to SE. That allows me to use my headphones with the widest possible array of equipment. If you don't like balanced only, don't buy this.

You can certainly voice your opinion, but you're projecting your own priorities and making a general statement about what (you perceive that) other people want, which isn't particularly helpful. I don't have any issue with balanced only; in fact, that's more appealing to me than the Archel 2.5's SE-out only. Personally, I found that to be an odd design decision given balanced ins.

I am fully entitled to make that statement, it's you, who are projecting your situation to general population here. As I firmly believe there is a large group of people who do not have every pair with balanced cable.

This is why I am making a general assessment of the product considering very high % if not most of people do not have balanced cable for every set of headphone, making it unsuitable as the only headphone amp.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
As long as it's not practical for a large number of people then my statement is true, I never said it's true for everyone. But I can and have made a general statement with reasonable conclusion.
Just don't buy it then, no need to repeat the same thing over and over.

ReaderZ

Just don't buy it then, no need to repeat the same thing over and over.

I just feel some people out there trying to suppress my view instead of just disagreeing with me(which I would be perfectly fine with). If I don't keep getting that "you are wrong" undertone replies I wouldn't kept posting past my first reply.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I just feel some people out there trying to suppress my view instead of just disagreeing with me(which I would be perfectly fine with). If I don't keep getting that "you are wrong" undertone replies I wouldn't kept posting past my first reply.
Well there's different products and different design priorities for people's usage scenarios.

It's not a matter of ' right and wrong ' , clearly it's wrong for you but you can't expect the people who want this form factor to agree with you .

Tks

Major Contributor

I'm completely confused. I won't assume you don't know of the Archel 2 or 2.5...

What exactly is the problem you see being offered two products for two types of use cases?

Don't see how anyone is under obligation to provide everything under the known sphere of I/O, all in one device. I'd understand if Geshelli ONLY offered the Erish and no other amp, then maybe you'd have grounds for complaint... Otherwise, your stance is quite perplexing

Hugo9000

My only issue with Geshelli is their website. It is broken no matter which browser I use. Or my ISP hates them, or vice versa? LOL

The only other site I can think of that I've had similar issues accessing is Orchard Audio. Actually, I just tried again and get exactly the same behavior with both sites. Couldn't order from either company no matter how desperately I might want to. Can't actually look at details on their gear or read their purchasing or shipping policies, so I can't form much of an opinion other than based on the items Amir has tested.

I get a black background with blue text and links that don't actually ever load in Chrome, and other browsers don't display anything at all. I don't get security or other error messages, either. Odd.

I was curious if this Erish or other model had Pentaconn output, since I have a Sennheiser headphone cable with that bal. connector on it (came with my HD 660S). I guess not from the pics in this thread.

Pr3ssAltF4

My only issue with Geshelli is their website. It is broken no matter which browser I use. Or my ISP hates them, or vice versa? LOL

I get a black background with blue text and links that don't actually ever load in Chrome, and other browsers don't display anything at all. I don't get security or other error messages, either. Odd.

That's wicked weird. Up to date browsers? I'm taking a look at the site and it looks like you never make it past getting the initial html to the javascript that actually sets the whole site up the way it should look. I think it's either your browser, security settings of some kind, or the isp/connection. I assume it looks like this?

If you could pm me a picture of the network and console tab in the developer view when you go to the Geshelli site I can help you sort it out.

Also, email [email protected] if you're interested. I'm sure they'll send you the information, and let you order if you want, if you ask nicely!

1590761215735.png

Here's the Erish specs for you if you can't find them. Price looks to be somewhere in the vicinity of $180-200?

Output is a standard Neutrik 4 pin XLR. Input is two standard Neutrik 3 pin XLR.
1590761445397.png

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

ReaderZ

Well there's different products and different design priorities for people's usage scenarios.

It's not a matter of ' right and wrong ' , clearly it's wrong for you but you can't expect the people who want this form factor to agree with you .

Agreed 120%., I have no such expectation. I would move on if I just get reply like these. But here I keep getting snarky reply from telling me how wrong I am instead of simple disagreement.

"you're projecting your own priorities and making a general statement about what (you perceive that) other people want, which isn't particularly helpful. "

"I don't get why you're trying to make blanket statements about what everyone does that are pretty evidently false? Practical for some, not for others.

Sorry to burst your bubble bud. Some people do things differently than you 0_0."

Or simply bad manner.

"Blanket statements and assumptions that everyone is in the same boat as you help absolutely no one. Practical for some people and not practical for others. I don't see a need to get butthurt and rag on a product cause it doesn't cater specifically to your use case "

I'm completely confused. I won't assume you don't know of the Archel 2 or 2.5...

What exactly is the problem you see being offered two products for two types of use cases?

Don't see how anyone is under obligation to provide everything under the known sphere of I/O, all in one device. I'd understand if Geshelli ONLY offered the Erish and no other amp, then maybe you'd have grounds for complaint... Otherwise, your stance is quite perplexing

OK, HD800s comes with balanced cable, and LCD-3 does now, if I want to take advantage of the balanced solution I would have to buy both, that's why I made the initial statement.

Hope that's clear enough, if not, PM me, let's not keep going.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
if I want to take advantage of the balanced solution I would have to buy both,

I still wonder if the screen of the 4-pin XLR is connected to ground. If so one can make (most likely not buy) a converter cable that lets you use the Erish both balanced and single ended.

Either it is made this way or simply can be modified to.
Would be fun if an owner, or @Geshelli could tell if the screen of the 4-pin XLR is grounded.
If not and one has both types of headphones one has to buy Erish and 2.5
For that price one can get similar performance amps that have both outputs already on it.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
No need to take it apart. One just has to measure for continuity between the shield of the 4-pin XLR and pin 1 of one of the 3-pin XLR inputs.

When the shield is connected to ground one can easily make a converter so you can use TRS jacks.
Connect XLR shield to Sleeve.
Connect XLR pin-1 to Tip
Connect XLR pin-3 to Ring
leave pin-2 and pin-4 unconnected

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Geno, from Geshelli, just e-mailed me to confirm the ground (shield) of the 4 pin XLR is indeed connected to ground.

So... anyone wishing to use a single ended headphone on the Erish can do so when you make (or have it made) an adapter with the following connections:

Connect XLR connector shield (metal around the connector) to Sleeve of the TRS. This can be 3.5mm or 6.35mm
Connect XLR pin-1 to Tip of the TRS
Connect XLR pin-3 to Ring of the TRS

leave the other XLR pins unconnected (open)

DuxServit

Forum Donor
Erish looks great! congrats Geshelli Labs.

Can anyone recommend a decent XLR to SE adapter? Most of my HPs have regular 1/4, only one with XLR balanced.

Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Erish looks great! congrats Geshelli Labs.

Can anyone recommend a decent XLR to SE adapter? Most of my HPs have regular 1/4, only one with XLR balanced.

I suspect you are looking for an adapter that goes from XLR-4pin male to TRS jack female. You won't find many of those.
You may be looking for this: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32951783627.html?gps-id=pcDetail404&scm=1007.16891.96945.0&scm_id=1007.16891.96945.0&scm-url=1007.16891.96945.0&pvid=5b842648-1e40-4c63-9efa-094247331311&_t=gps-id:pcDetail404,scm-url:1007.16891.96945.0,pvid:5b842648-1e40-4c63-9efa-094247331311,tpp_buckets:668#0#131923#17_668#808#5965#332_668#888#3325#18_668#2846#8111#493_668#2717#7559#62
but it is not known what pins are used, so if the manufacturer did not use the shield and simply tied the - signals together to the sleeve you could be damaging the amp.
Most adapters are TRS male Jack to 4 pin XLR female so you can use balanced headphones on a TRS headphone out. This is easy and standard.
From XLR-4 pin male to TRS female isn't really common.
I am sure someone makes them but they would have to be configured as described in post 114.
Otherwise you may have to find someone that can make one for you. It's just 3 wires and 2 connectors.

Last edited:

DuxServit

Forum Donor
I suspect you are looking for an adapter that goes from XLR-4pin male to TRS jack female. You won't find many of those.
You may be looking for this: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32951783627.html?gps-id=pcDetail404&scm=1007.16891.96945.0&scm_id=1007.16891.96945.0&scm-url=1007.16891.96945.0&pvid=5b842648-1e40-4c63-9efa-094247331311&_t=gps-id:pcDetail404,scm-url:1007.16891.96945.0,pvid:5b842648-1e40-4c63-9efa-094247331311,tpp_buckets:668#0#131923#17_668#808#5965#332_668#888#3325#18_668#2846#8111#493_668#2717#7559#62
but it is not known what pins are used, so if the manufacturer did not use the shield and simply tied the - signals together to the sleeve you could be damaging the amp.
Most adapters are TRS male Jack to 4 pin XLR female so you can use balanced headphones on a TRS headphone out. This is easy and standard.
From XLR-4 pin male to TRS female isn't really common.
I am sure someone makes them but they would have to be configured as described in post 114.
Otherwise you may have to find someone that can make one for you. It's just 3 wires and 2 connectors.

Yes, XLR 4pin male to TRS female. Pity the manufacture did not specify pin.

Hmm, maybe this could be a new add-on product from Geshelli.

Top Bottom