• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli Lab Erish coming soon

Morpheus85

I have the SP200 and am considering getting the ERISH. Do I have a sound advantage or an improvement?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have the SP200 and am considering getting the ERISH. Do I have a sound advantage or an improvement?

The SP200 will be more powerful . The Erish possibly a small amount greater SINAD but you would be in inaudible territory with that anyway. Obviously no single ended output on the Erish so not like for like . What dont you like about the SMSL?

Morpheus85

My problem is that it is not fully balanced. but that probably doesn't play a big role in the sound. But otherwise I'm very happy with that.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My problem is that it is not fully balanced. but that probably doesn't play a big role in the sound. But otherwise I'm very happy with that.
It doesn't inherently make it sound better. It provides more power if there is both. But the sp200 doesn't lack for power. I wouldnt bother much as I love geshelli stuff

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It may be worth to wait a little bit for the a30pro or pay more a bit more for the more refined sh9

Why either? The SP200 is pretty much still SoA unless its high gain is a problem for you

Morpheus85

I did it and got it. He arrived today. But for me the channels are reversed.
Left is right and right is left. Could this be due to the XLR adapter for my 2.5mm cable?

with the sp200 it works perfectly.

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I did it and got it. He arrived today. But for me the channels are reversed.
Left is right and right is left. Could this be due to the XLR adapter for my 2.5mm cable?

with the sp200 it works perfectly.

Possibly- or you wired the XLR from your DAC the wrong way round - its real hard to see the L&R labels on the back.

If you did it right, just reverse them and it then doesnt matter if your adapter is wired wrong

Morpheus85

Labels are all correct. Yes, it works on the SP200.
I've already turned the cables. I just didn't know if there were any problems.

Morpheus85

Everything is fine. With the Erish it's exactly the other way around. I haven't seen it on any other device :oops:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Everything is fine. With the Erish it's exactly the other way around. I haven't seen it on any other device :oops:

Could be wired up the wrong way round , but I would doubt it. But if it sounds good, it sounds good. I wouldn't return for that and as far as I know plugging the XLRs in the "Wrong" way round should have no impact on anything else.

SeaNNyT

I really hope their new upcoming DAC has both balanced and single ended outputs. So I could feed two different amps.

Morpheus85

here is my setup :)

pxl_20210305_20294075iqk6v.jpg

SeaNNyT

So in a back in forth email with them when I was asking about the DAC release, I also asked if there will ever be a possibility of an all in one amp with SE and Balanced. In regards to that it is a very likely a chance within a year of such an amp. So I thought that was quite cool.

Atratusnex

My Geshelli Erish, after working just fine...now turns in seconds on /off ... on /off in a loop ....
I emailed them, since I bought it used here in Europe it will cost minimal 50 USD in shipping, if not more… they fix it, but I have to pay for shipping both ways.

Top Bottom