• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli JNOG2 Review (Balanced DAC)

Rate this DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 70 31.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 106 48.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 32 14.5%

• Total voters

Jungstar

geshelli is trying to win my heart with that customizable wooden box/plexi tint… is there any notable difference in performance with different dac chips? someone measured it perhaps?
He will say yes a little..... from a pure subjective perspective

Timstunes

Forum Donor
They don't need to, because the majority of 'western' brand loudspeaker(parts) are produced in China.
This is just a quick rundown of a few of the audio companies who have products manufactured in China.

Bower& Wilkins

Fluance

Dynaudio

Harman Kardon

Denephrips

KEF

Wharfedale

Cambridge Audio

Audiolab

Mission

Sennheiser

Denon

JBL

Klipsch

Martin Logan

AKG

Polk Audio

Rotel

Hegel

Not to mention 90% Apple products and nearly all PCs, laptops and tvs.

redstang

Here's a nit pick. I wouldn't mind getting one of these in a wood case but before I spend extra I'd sort of like to see what they ACTUALLY look like. I'd like to know why they couldn't simply just take a picture of a finished case built with each of the wood types instead of that silly 3d case viewer. Taking actual pictures - probably the simplest thing you could do, and instead they spent time putting together that rendering tool. So frustrating.

MacCali

Major Contributor
Here's a nit pick. I wouldn't mind getting one of these in a wood case but before I spend extra I'd sort of like to see what they ACTUALLY look like. I'd like to know why they couldn't simply just take a picture of a finished case built with each of the wood types instead of that silly 3d case viewer. Taking actual pictures - probably the simplest thing you could do, and instead they spent time putting together that rendering tool. So frustrating.
I would avoid the USB module, and I would opt for the AKM version whatever it's called now.. original JNOG was AKM, then they came out with this ESS version because of the fire. Now they are back to AKM or having both units.

Or you can get any dac with 4493 chips and probably get a better performance. Not that it would be noticeable, but if the price is there it's a winner for sure.

redstang

I would avoid the USB module, and I would opt for the AKM version whatever it's called now.. original JNOG was AKM, then they came out with this ESS version because of the fire. Now they are back to AKM or having both units.

Or you can get any dac with 4493 chips and probably get a better performance. Not that it would be noticeable, but if the price is there it's a winner for sure.
Why avoid USB? I would probably get it just to have the option, as my primary use would be with a PC.

I would choose the AKM; Yeah, probably won't hear a difference, but I have Topping DACs with ESS chips so if I'm getting something different to try, I'd go AKM.

On top of being very well liked and reviewed, and the desire to support a small US company, the other reason would be that it would simply cool to have a nice looking wood stack. Sure would like to see actual photos of the various wood cases before I pick one though.

redeyes

IMG_20221213_135236.jpg

redeyes

That is Cedar! It smells really nice as well :D I asked for as figured as possible.

GDUBYA

Attachments

• FD7331ED-BB34-4839-98EE-837A4FF51ADF.jpeg
    FD7331ED-BB34-4839-98EE-837A4FF51ADF.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 232

4Real

On a hosted platform where you don't have access to the site's vhost configuration, or some tool that provides such functionality from the user interface, you can't set up redirects. Besides - the manual is clearly accessible, under the new link right under the product page, so I don't see how this is some oversight on their end:
J2 User manual

Oh and btw - google has already re-indexed the site - so a search for 'geshelli jnog2 manual' will bring you to the proper link, without any 404's, or need for redirects : )
never had any problem finding their site nor anything on their site. their customer service is the best of any company in any business that I have ever experienced.

4Real

if you just Google Geshelli Labs and then click on Images there are tons of pictures of geshelli products

redstang

if you just Google Geshelli Labs and then click on Images there are tons of pictures of geshelli products
Lol - you think I haven't looked? There aren't labeled pictures of the units in each type of wooden case so you can get a good look.

4Real

Lol - you think I haven't looked? There aren't labeled pictures of the units in each type of wooden case so you can get a good look.
laughing even louder. here you go

4Real

index.php

Veri

Master Contributor

No need to be snarky. I mean, are u 4 real dude

:D

redeyes

Look, I just ordered a Gishelli stack and their dumb dumb CGI renders do not help whatsoever. What would help is a very obvious page with each shell photographed. I finally did locate some actual pictures of the shells however, I don't remember where.

4Real

Look, I just ordered a Gishelli stack and their dumb dumb CGI renders do not help whatsoever. What would help is a very obvious page with each shell photographed. I finally did locate some actual pictures of the shells however, I don't remember where.
index.php

Top Bottom