• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli JNOG2 Review (Balanced DAC)

Rate this DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 70 32.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 31 14.2%

• Total voters

alpha_logic

The LPF filter response has to be the best we have seen on ASR- it's perfect.
Right? I was wondering if you're going to say something about that, since the last time around you weren't exactly happy with the original JNOG: )
Screenshot_20220610_014107.png

martijn86

If your filter is dead silent at 22.05kHz, I don't care for the ability to switch filters.

Do DAC's tend to switch according to sampling rate? E.g. at 44.1kHz and 88.2kHz, it reaches maximum attenuation at 22.05kHz and for video content at 48kHz and 96kHz, it reaches maximum attenuation at 24kHz?
Or do products aimed at music reproduction just stick to one filter at 22.05kHz?

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Company definitely needs a competent Web developer. A search for "geshelli jnog2 manual" found https://geshelli.com/product-manuals, which takes me to their 404 "not found" error page. So Amir can certainly be excused for not finding the manual.

Personally, I can't understand why anyone would buy this unless they were just adamant about buying American and for some reason didn't want the much cheaper Schiit Modius. But that is just my opinion. The UX is pretty awful and I find it butt ugly and badly overpriced, but from a sound standpoint this should be fine.

Geshelli

Audio Company
Company definitely needs a competent Web developer. A search for "geshelli jnog2 manual" found https://geshelli.com/product-manuals, which takes me to their 404 "not found" error page. So Amir can certainly be excused for not finding the manual.

Personally, I can't understand why anyone would buy this unless they were just adamant about buying American and for some reason didn't want the much cheaper Schiit Modius. But that is just my opinion. The UX is pretty awful and I find it butt ugly and badly overpriced, but from a sound standpoint this should be fine.
The link to the manual is on our site under J2. It is working fine from the website.

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

nyxnyxnyx

Do you guys know if there's a reason why they have to charge extra $50 for USB? Their products are pretty great I just don't understand this aspect.

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you guys know if there's a reason why they have to charge extra $50 for USB? Their products are pretty great I just don't understand this aspect.
My best guess is they make it an option as some might not want it and some do. So if you don't you're not paying for something that you don't need. Modular setup is quite nice IMO.

nyxnyxnyx

My best guess is they make it an option as some might not want it and some do. So if you don't you're not paying for something that you don't need. Modular setup is quite nice IMO.
It makes sense I guess I'm just turned off by the idea that it is USB that is considered optional.

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It makes sense I guess I'm just turned off by the idea that it is USB that is considered optional.
I'm curious, would you rather they offer one that includes it and just raise the price accordingly?

nyxnyxnyx

I'm curious, would you rather they offer one that includes it and just raise the price accordingly?
I'm cool with their modular option I just see USB as mandatory for nowadays uses. I'd prefer more if it's optical or coaxial they charge.
Still, this is fine too.

Toni Mas

Even with USB at 300$ i find it too expensive both for the measured performance and the stuff it is made off ( components, casing, etc...) :confused:

There are much better things in the market for half the price.

Last edited:

Ra1zel

The LPF filter response has to be the best we have seen on ASR- it's perfect.
Makes you wonder why they can do it but not Chinese giants like Topping, SMSL...

alpha_logic

That's a Google rather than a Geshelli fail, because they moved their website to a new hosting provider only a few days ago, and hence you're looking at an outdated link which Google hasn't re-indexed yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom