• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli JNOG2 Review (Balanced DAC)

Rate this DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 70 31.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 107 48.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 33 14.9%

• Total voters

redeyes

index.php

Oddyo

I replaced a Benchmark DAC1 HDR with With a Topping PRE90 and a J2 (AK4493 version). My music has more soul now. Somtimes it strikes me in the heart.

People should not complain about gear they have never heard. Also, arguing on this forum seems ridiculous IMHO. Give peace a chance. All we need is love.

redeyes

I replaced a Benchmark DAC1 HDR with With a Topping PRE90 and a J2 (AK4493 version). My music has more soul now. Somtimes it strikes me in the heart.

People should not complain about gear they have never heard. Also, arguing on this forum seems ridiculous IMHO. Give peace a chance. All we need is love.
That also happened to me with the JNOG2. I can't help but love the heck out of it. VERY musical and like you said, has more soul.

Littlebit

oh Trust me, I adore the DAC. Even got it modified with Sparkos opamps which are the best ones.

Ok, I'm an extreme newbie when it comes to all this audio stuff. Soaking up all I can as fast as I can... lol
What is a Sparkos opamp and why would I want/need one? :p

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You don't need to OP amp roll. That is when the OP amps are swapped for various models of OP amps and the listener thinks they hear improvements when in reality some OP amps are simply louder due to having more gain than others. It's not science based and it is subjective listening.

Littlebit

You don't need to OP amp roll. That is when the OP amps are swapped for various models of OP amps and the listener thinks they hear improvements when in reality some OP amps are simply louder due to having more gain than others. It's not science based and it is subjective listening.
Now THAT i understood. Thank you!

4Real

Ok, I'm an extreme newbie when it comes to all this audio stuff. Soaking up all I can as fast as I can... lol
it can be worth while because you can get more power. more power is good as long as it doesn't distort.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
it can be worth while because you can get more power. more power is good as long as it doesn't distort.
Yes I took a look at their website the other day and I was surprised that they are making discreet op amps that are reference designed. They actually have better test results then the higher end standard op amps.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
I was involved with making that happen. Sparkos x Gishelli
How so? Did you introduce them to the op amps? Or did you give them the idea? I had never heard of these before I listened to the Archel3 in the Geshelli booth at the Tampa Audio Expo last weekend.
I wasn't expecting it to sound good as I know I haven't liked Burson op amps for example... But the Amp sounded amazing and the tone control made my Aeon sound like a Stealth with the right settings...
Definitely will buy one of these amps on launch.

redeyes

I ordered a custom Jnog2 and Archel 2.5 and had them mod them for the sparkos ss2590 maybe 5 months ago, just scroll on up ^^^

I was maybe the first person to order the SS2590 in a format for normal audio devices rather than Mic pres and consoles. Sparkos made me an adapter near 2 years ago. Fast forward, Gishelli is in the USA, has awesome support like sparkos, so I connected the dots and hooked these great companies up.. just sent some emails hoping for the best!

Thats REALLY cool you got to try that thing my man. Yes its incredible imo and I like it more than the Burson opamps and also other amps. The Jnog2 with sparkos is holy god good too.

Last edited:

Jimster480

Major Contributor
I ordered a custom Jnog2 and Archel 2.5 and had them mod them for the sparkos ss2590 maybe 5 months ago, just scroll on up ^^^

I was maybe the first person to order the SS2590 in a format for normal audio devices rather than Mic pres and consoles. Sparkos made me an adapter near 2 years ago. Fast forward, Gishelli is in the USA, has awesome support like sparkos, so I connected the dots and hooked these great companies up.. just sent some emails hoping for the best!

Thats REALLY cool you got to try that thing my man. Yes its incredible imo and I like it more than the Burson opamps and also other amps. The Jnog2 with sparkos is holy god good too.
Yeah honestly the thing sounded really good and the controls for adjusting the audio tones were amazing. I have never heard so much clear bass from my aeon before. All parametric eq I have tried has never produced such a result.

redeyes

See now im jealous. I want some bass and treble controls! Oh well, I can EQ I suppose

redeyes

It's $600+wood options. Not going to happen. I already spent a TON on this.

Top Bottom