• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli Archel2 Headphone AMP Review: another champ?

Puska

Care to elaborate why?
Burned, then was sent a new board to replace myself. Worked a wile then packed it in original box and stays there. Bought Schiit Jotunheim no module. Super sound despite not so good measure.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Burned, then was sent a new board to replace myself. Worked a wile then packed it in original box and stays there. Bought Schiit Jotunheim no module. Super sound despite not so good measure.

So they sorted out your repair issue, the amp now works but you choose not to use it? Or the second failed but you gave up on it?

Puska

When you see the board you will understand why l have said soo. Total garbage trust me. Amateurs.

Geshelli

Audio Company
When you see the board you will understand why l have said soo. Total garbage trust me. Amateurs.
Hi. I am surprised to see you were not satisfied with our product or service. You purchased the unit in February, and spoke highly of us earlier in this thread. In July you did write in with an issue. Geno and I worked with you and per agreement we sent you a new board which you seemed to be fine with. Our last communication was July 6. In all of our communications, I was not aware that you thought our Archel2 was garbage. If you had told us that in the beginning, we would have accepted a return as we do offer a 30 day return policy.

Hemi-Demon

Why don't you post the original bad board and then second board they sent you? The second board went bad also?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Why don't you post the original bad board and then second board they sent you? The second board went bad also?

Apparently not. They just decided it was too amateur and boxed it up, best as I can tell. I dont want to ask if they have ever opened up the Schiit Jot that seems to have replaced it.

Tks

Major Contributor
Apparently not. They just decided it was too amateur and boxed it up, best as I can tell. I dont want to ask if they have ever opened up the Schiit Jot that seems to have replaced it.

You know when amateurs make amps with virtually zero measured distortion that embarass the 95%+ of the high end audiophool market?

:facepalm:
:rolleyes:

Reactions: trl

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You know when amateurs make amps with virtually zero measured distortion that embarass the 95%+ of the high end audiophool market?

:facepalm:
:rolleyes:

Pesky amateurs

Tks

Major Contributor
Pesky amateurs
What's also interesting, is he got a board replacement, AND an offer for refund if he didn't like it (not, something wrong with it, but simply if he didn't like it).

For comparison, you should see what I had to deal with, just for a scratchy THX 789 pot (btw I'd avoid this amp like the plague considering how quick the pot goes to hell, it's a fine device, and I'd never need for another, but whatever pot they're using, it's as if it comes with oxidized pots out of the factory., otherwise the amp is wonderful):

1. Two weeks of waiting for an Email response. After auto escalation to "engineering department" for some reason.
  2. Emailed them about it again, and got back to me within the same day somehow this time.
  3. Told I am out of luck since I am a week past my 1-year warranty.
  4. I tell them it's not a problem, I will gladly pay for services rendered.
  5. Tell me that's not possible as they don't do repairs, nor have spare parts, nor have spare units (this last part is untrue, people have gotten replacement amps, but I do believe the last two parts).
  6. I ask them what the purpose of a warranty even is.
  7. They say if an item is defective within the 1 year period, they give a full refund (I'm inclined to believe this, but it's almost unbelievable that a company offers a full purchase refund within a year if a product is defective, which leaves me looking like an idiot that I am for not claiming warranty just a few days before the warranty ended)
Imagine offering customers a complete refund for a whole year (if this is true) just because there is a scratchy pot that people all over the net claim you can fix with some electric cleaner, or if you have a solder station, replace the pot that people seemingly are doing all the time.

At that point I wanted to ask for the model of amp pot, but then I realized, I'm about to chuck this thing out of a window. Sold it, and that's my finality with Drop.

So when I read this thread, you can imagine how perplexed I felt with that guy's claims...

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What's also interesting, is he got a board replacement, AND an offer for refund if he didn't like it (not, something wrong with it, but simply if he didn't like it).

For comparison, you should see what I had to deal with, just for a scratchy THX 789 pot (btw I'd avoid this amp like the plague considering how quick the pot goes to hell, it's a fine device, and I'd never need for another, but whatever pot they're using, it's as if it comes with oxidized pots out of the factory., otherwise the amp is wonderful):

1. Two weeks of waiting for an Email response. After auto escalation to "engineering department" for some reason.
  2. Emailed them about it again, and got back to me within the same day somehow this time.
  3. Told I am out of luck since I am a week past my 1-year warranty.
  4. I tell them it's not a problem, I will gladly pay for services rendered.
  5. Tell me that's not possible as they don't do repairs, nor have spare parts, nor have spare units (this last part is untrue, people have gotten replacement amps, but I do believe the last two parts).
  6. I ask them what the purpose of a warranty even is.
  7. They say if an item is defective within the 1 year period, they give a full refund (I'm inclined to believe this, but it's almost unbelievable that a company offers a full purchase refund within a year if a product is defective, which leaves me looking like an idiot that I am for not claiming warranty just a few days before the warranty ended)
Imagine offering customers a complete refund for a whole year (if this is true) just because there is a scratchy pot that people all over the net claim you can fix with some electric cleaner, or if you have a solder station, replace the pot that people seemingly are doing all the time.

At that point I wanted to ask for the model of amp pot, but then I realized, I'm about to chuck this thing out of a window. Sold it, and that's my finality with Drop.

So when I read this thread, you can imagine how perplexed I felt with that guy's claims...

There is nothing as funny as folk.

DuxServit

Forum Donor
I’ve been using my Archel2 daily for several months, no issues.

Still my go-to amp for my desktop. (My other amps are Staxes, too big for my work desk).

Hemi-Demon

Apparently not. They just decided it was too amateur and boxed it up, best as I can tell. I don't want to ask if they have ever opened up the Schiit Jot that seems to have replaced it.

That was going to be my next question. Schiit has made some wonderful improvements in engineering and manufacturing over the last two years, but on some of the older models, like the Jot, gotta make sure to check those grounds;)

Puska

To compare Gesheli in their little diy box with professionally made schiit and some Chinese amps is as to compare pxxxs with fxxxxr!

confucius_zero

Addicted to Fun and Learning
To compare Gesheli in their little diy box with professionally made schiit and some Chinese amps is as to compare pxxxs with fxxxxr!

Hum... without a demonstration of your claim (board this that), these are diffamatory and inflamatory statements... Can you please keep the drama down and elaborate in detail?

Geshelli has told its side of the story, ball is in your camp now.

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
I think there's too much DC voltage on pot's pins and this is probably causing the scratchy noise. A multimeter and a scratchy THX amp might sort this out.

Puska

Second board works only in high gain and at a full volume. Defective.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Take it that's a no then .

@Puska , we are all for consumers here but just lashing out without any substance to your ' story ' seems a bit puerile tbh.

In fairness he did elaborate- but that just raised more questions- posts #623 and 625. I'm not 100% convinced the protestations and hand waving are in good faith.

Top Bottom