• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli Archel2 Headphone AMP Review: another champ?

sbmarr

I'm an international buyer who just received this amp in New Zealand. I had a great experience dealing with Sherri from Geshelli Labs.
The price to frieght the amp to NZ is normally $25 US from Geshelli, but in my case FedEx would not deliver to me because of my location in NZ. So Sherri sent it USPS priority at double the price and didn't pass the extra cost on to me. The amp was posted on the 27th Feb and I received it on the 3rd March, great service.
I was also expecting to pay customs here in NZ but was not charged anything.
The amp arrived with very good packaging and works flawlessly and sounds great.
Also before the amp was sent it was fully tested. This is what info I was given.
Your amp is on burn in. The next step is it goes in the freezer. Florida has been hot so we mimic the airplane conditions since you are so far away. This allows us to look for any loose solder joints that might occur do to temperature changes.

So I've had a great experience buying from Geshelli Labs and would not hesitate at all to make another purchase from this company.

Puska

I'm in Canada and the price I paid in Cad after conversion was 184. I paid cutom fee and FedEx fee total 42 Cad. It would be less if geshelli did send right value for archel 2 pro and not for archel 2.5. Very bad service.

Geshelli

Audio Company
I'm in Canada and the price I paid in Cad after conversion was 184. I paid cutom fee and FedEx fee total 42 Cad. It would be less if geshelli did send right value for archel 2 pro and not for archel 2.5. Very bad service.
Please contact us with your name and order number. If a mistake was made, it can be easily corrected.

Puska

!!!!! Geshelli resolved my problem and I cannot be more happier.!!!!!
Not only that now I have an excellent product but also assurance thay are taking care of customers
In a best way.
5 plus stars for Geshelli. Thank you.

cleareyes

Norway order here,
very happy with my Archel 2.5 Pro.
I had to pay about 60 usd in customs, but I guess that's just how it is here.
Norway charges about 25% on (cost of item + postage).
Still, very happy with the product.

Karu

Forum Donor
Not so bad, Brazil charges roughly 100% on value of item + shipping

Veri

Master Contributor
Belgium is 21% tax up to a 150 eur value (shipping is added to value!), with extra duties when value is over 150euro. The really lame thing is that they also charge yearly-increasing "processing" costs. I think we're already at a flat 20 euro cost ... ridiculous.

For a 25 euro value package, this would add 20+5,25 euro, increasing total cost by more than 100%.....

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Belgium is 21% tax up to a 150 eur amount (shipping is added to value!), with extra duties when value is over 150euro. The really lame thing is that they also charge yearly-increasing "processing" costs. I think we're already at a flat 20 euro cost ... ridiculous.

For a 25 euro value package, this would add 20+5,25 euro, increasing total cost by more than 100%.....
Similar in the UK. I budget for around 30% all said for fees, custom tax and VAT. Tend to only import stuff that's either not available from UK sellers or when the exchange rates still make it cheaper than amazon UK etc. The Drop 789 and the Geshelli 2.5 being examples of the former.

Foxenfurter

I received my Archel Pro 2 this week, listening to it right now. That's what working from home for 2 weeks does for you, last week a watch and now an amp. I live in East London UK, and customs is hit and miss. I often don't get charged, even when the price is clearly marked. The amp arrived within a few days, and no custom charge. Took me a while to figure out gain settings, but is working great.

Spoke too soon :facepalm:, Fedex bill for Duty arrived today 33 GBP grrr.

Last edited:

Anubhav

Forum Donor
!!!!! Geshelli resolved my problem and I cannot be more happier.!!!!!
Not only that now I have an excellent product but also assurance thay are taking care of customers
In a best way.
5 plus stars for Geshelli. Thank you.
Dude , you should reach out to them before leaving negative commentary without even trying to resolve. I have first hand experience with the Geshelli team. They have helped me plenty times, here in Sydney, Australia. Probably one of the most customer centric org I have dealt with. Glad your issue got resolved :)

Degru

Whoo, it arrived! Pretty pleased with it so far. Comparing level matched via multimeter to my Fiio A5, there is more resolution and depth. Lifts a sort of "veil" that I'd occasionally noticed on the A5 with certain headphones, and now with more scrutiny and a better amp for comparison I realize it is a hint of congestion. Quite pleased with this amp, especially that it has a 3.5mm input instead of only RCA, so I don't have to order a 3.5mm to RCA to hook it up at my desk. I appreciate that the gain switch requires holding down to change gain (pushing once mutes the output) for safety, and there is an obvious LED indicator for the gain. The only small annoyance is turning it off requires holding the power button; I would rather this be used for the LED toggle instead.

I'm not one to worry about measurements, but having one of the best measuring amps on the market is a nice bonus. Highly recommend, because it genuinely does sound as good as it measures.
IMG_20200421_153739381_HDR.jpg

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Not

Whoo, it arrived! Pretty pleased with it so far. Comparing level matched via multimeter to my Fiio A5, there is more resolution and depth. Lifts a sort of "veil" that I'd occasionally noticed on the A5 with certain headphones, and now with more scrutiny and a better amp for comparison I realize it is a hint of congestion. Quite pleased with this amp, especially that it has a 3.5mm input instead of only RCA, so I don't have to order a 3.5mm to RCA to hook it up at my desk. I appreciate that the gain switch requires holding down to change gain (pushing once mutes the output) for safety, and there is an obvious LED indicator for the gain. The only small annoyance is turning it off requires holding the power button; I would rather this be used for the LED toggle instead.

I'm not one to worry about measurements, but having one of the best measuring amps on the market is a nice bonus. Highly recommend, because it genuinely does sound as good as it measures.
View attachment 59793
Not sure how you're getting sound out of that

Degru

Not

Not sure how you're getting sound out of that
Ah, I'm running a splitter out of the phone into both of my amps for AB comparison, and the cable hooked up to the Archel is flat and grey and blends with my bedsheets :) you can see it under the headphone cable.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ah, I'm running a splitter out of the phone into both of my amps for AB comparison, and the cable hooked up to the Archel is flat and grey and blends with my bedsheets :) you can see it under the headphone cable.
I see it now!

Top Bottom