• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli Archel2 Headphone AMP Review: another champ?

Epic.225

Not much value around here. It's mostly subjective hyperbole. We want to see 2.5 on the bench.

I respect that, I just never understood why people need to SEE numbers to judge something you HEAR.

ESPECIALLY... When the comparison is done by the same person.

That's like you tasting 2 soda back to back, me asking your thoughts.. but only caring about how the soda measures in the sugar to water ratio as tested in the lab..lol

But... I understand that people want numbers. One has been sent for review and measurement. I don't think he's gotten to it yet...

And Geshelli has the exact same rig for measurement, so if you look at what's on their website it should be close to the measurements he gets.

But if you want a real-world opinion on the sound other than the hard numbers feel free to ask, I've had the heresy, Magni 3, liquid Spark, Archel 2, 2.5, SP200, Rupert Neve precision headphone and, the iFi hip DAC, Modi 3, ENOG 2 pro. I'm probably forgetting some smh.

Most I've reviewed "subjectively" for that website. I still have to review the SP200, Hip DAC, and RNHP.

for testing, I list the headphones used in the review, but the headphones tested range in cost and driver type...

Lastly, as you all know and had been pointed out listening is completely subjective, but you can trust if I say something is more detailed than it is, the bass is tighter it's is the sound is more natural to my ears it is, so if you have an
Archel 2 pro you'll have an idea of the overall sound differences.

I figure a lot of people that the THX so I'm making this comparison.

The THX adds a layer of sparkle/ reverb that isn't exactly there. It adds life to music. The Archel 2.5 balanced is a richer, fuller sound that's truer to life.

If you have really, really hard to drive headphones you might want the power for the THX. If you want a richer, fuller, true to life sound the Archel 2.5.

If you want end game clarity, detail, thump the RNHP completely mops the floor with all solid states that I've heard under 1k... But again it's subjective, but typically unanimously agreed subjective.. if you've heard the bunch

Last edited:

headwhacker

Forum Donor
You just joined this forum, so I get that. Sooner or later you need to understand why subjective impression don't hold much water. Otherwise, we are just wasting time and forum space.

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You just joined this forum, so I get that. Sooner or later you need to understand why subjective impression don't hold much water. Otherwise, we are just wasting time and forum space.
Really, if you hear something that a component is doing to the sound, that’s evidence that the component is doing something wrong, not right.

Epic.225

I see. Well thank you. I’m new to the forum, no where close to being new to audio having owned an audio store in the past. I signed up to provide info that I thought would be appreciated. I see I’ve probably overestimated in that regard.
I fully understand why people want to know numbers.

I’m a car guy as well and numbers can give you a ruff idea of what to expect, but as I said I much rather trust the thoughts someone that’s driven both cars, especially if I have to buy the car before I can test it... like an amp

and like cars, amps with great number can be underwhelming. A great example is the RNHP on paper shouldn’t be one of the best sounding amps I own but it is.

any way, I don’t have a multi thousand test rig to give you the numbers that seem to be the only relevant info. So I’ll be going to a different community where listening experience holds some weight. Thanks for the warm welcome

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
patience! he has a copy of the archel2.5 it will be reviewed when he has time!

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I see. Well thank you. I’m new to the forum, no where close to being new to audio having owned an audio store in the past. I signed up to provide info that I thought would be appreciated. I see I’ve probably overestimated in that regard.
I fully understand why people want to know numbers.

I’m a car guy as well and numbers can give you a ruff idea of what to expect, but as I said I much rather trust the thoughts someone that’s driven both cars, especially if I have to buy the car before I can test it... like an amp

and like cars, amps with great number can be underwhelming. A great example is the RNHP on paper shouldn’t be one of the best sounding amps I own but it is.

any way, I don’t have a multi thousand test rig to give you the numbers that seem to be the only relevant info. So I’ll be going to a different community where listening experience holds some weight. Thanks for the warm welcome
I wouldn’t leave here based on one person’s comments who doesn’t even share the majority view here. Look at the “Are differences in DACs audible thread (or whatever it is called) for posts from members extolling the virtues of subjective measurement (I.e., listening).

Over the years, I turned more into a measurements guy, with the belief that all sound quality differences are measurable, but not all measurements are audible. Audio has advanced sufficiently enough that we are at the “straight wire with gain” ideal.

BenF

Forum Donor
I'm sorry to report that my pleasure with the Archel 2.5 Pro was short-lived. Left channel is constantly buzzing/crackling (even when no music is playing), no music coming out of left channel. Right channel seems to be ok. The XLR cables are good.

Last edited:

Geshelli

Audio Company
I'm sorry to report that my pleasure with the Archel 2.5 Pro was short-lived. Left channel is constantly buzzing/crackling (even when no music is playing), no music coming out of left channel. Right channel seems to be ok. The XLR cables are good.
Hi Ben, please send us an email so we can figure out what's happening with your amp

1025QW

Can I use batteries to supply the power instead?Its voltage can change from 9.6v to12.6v,will it cause damage?

poimandres

This or the 2.5 looks like the amp to get, too bad I missed the introductory pricing. Does anyone know if Geshelli ever has any sales?

Hopefully Amir’s review on the 2.5 will be soon.

sbmarr

This or the 2.5 looks like the amp to get, too bad I missed the introductory pricing. Does anyone know if Geshelli ever has any sales?

Yes they both look like great products, I've got the Archel 2 pro on it's way. Both at present have $10 off the normal price.

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning

I do not know if they have any sales but they seems to always have something like 10% off permanently on their website. I guess black firday or christmas will have sales but that is a bit long from now.

Puska

!!!!! International buyers be aware!!!!!
I ordered archel 2 pro and declaration for customs was quoted value 179 I steed 139. The custom duties was unnecessary high which made me angry and is unforgiving human mistake. So buyers be aware.

Top Bottom