• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli Archel2 Headphone AMP Review: another champ?

KSTR

Major Contributor
This is crazy, really! I mean to design that level of precision is one thing, but making it happen at that price point is unreal, even if it was made in China, but it's not! I cannot image Geshelli make a living from that, given all the investments they made, AP and their own P&P machine etc. Looks like there's a severe amount of altruism at work here. Anyways, hats off!!

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This is crazy, really! I mean to design that level of precision is one thing, but making it happen at that price point is unreal, even if it was made in China, but it's not! I cannot image Geshelli make a living from that, given all the investments they made, AP and their own P&P machine etc. Looks like there's a severe amount of altruism at work here. Anyways, hats off!!
They certainly could make some money selling this design to some big players that would love about to brag about ultra low distortion and such.

graz_lag

Major Contributor
They certainly could make some money selling this design to some big players that would love about to brag about ultra low distortion and such.

The big players are not looking to transparency and zero distortion, they want to color the output instead ... so they can ideally charge you $1,000 per spike ... :facepalm:

Schackmannen

Forum Donor
@amirm Thank you for the test! I'm wondering why there is around a 10 dB difference in THD+N between the Archel2 and the THX 789 at low power levels, which should just be a measurement of noise, but they are pretty much the same in the 50 mV SNR test? Also could you please take a picture (or just describe) of how well it stacks on/under the DX3 Pro? Curious to know if they are around the same size or not.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
They are going to sell a lot of those and may see some Atoms up for sale.
Perhaps they could sell it with a nice metal front and rear panel and sell it for $ 50.- more ?
Maybe even put in a Blue Velvet pot ?

raif71

Major Contributor
Stellar performance !! :p ... and without breaking the bank:cool:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm could you also do 32 tones please?

BostonJack

Editor
very cool. I have a JDS Atom that I use at home, a THX 789 that I have just barely played with, and a (cough) Bravo Audio that sits on my desk at work where the environment is so damn loud that I can't hear anything wrong with it. this device is very cool. I can't quite justify buying a superfluous headphone amp. But I might!

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Holy crap this is amazing performance.
They just blew everyone out of the water!
First JDS hits with the Atom and now this?

If only it had XLR inputs to eliminate ground loops.... anyway I think I will buy one just to support the company. I don't really have another use for it but I just feel the need to support such incredible engineering.

Now they need to find a metal case mfg to sell a premium version for $100 more that I am sure people would jump into purchasing just for the looks.

Edit: ordered now and I see that they do have a metal case... but what I meant above is a case similar to what Topping or Massdrop offers :)

Noob

This boggles the mind. The value! The volume pot is definitely a weak point here, but the easy fix is just get a variable output dac to use as a preamp, and leave the Geshelli at max volume.

Anubhav

Forum Donor
I knew it (couldnt measure it, not skilled enuf) since Archel Pro Amp - There's something about Mary !
Thanks @amirm , purchased one

Top Bottom