• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli Archel2.5 Pro Review (headphone amplifier)

Hemi-Demon

???

You asked me to test Erish privately which is what I did. As you recall I asked you at the end if I could publish the results and you said no. If you have changed your mind let me know and I will post those measurements right away as they are ready to go.

On the other two units, you sent them to me and then asked for them back without any question. So I shipped them to you. I have long lead time at times and sometimes it takes a while before I can get to an item. The unit in this review came some 3 months ago.

As to your results not matching mine, testing protocols varies and we discussed this as well as part of my Erish testing.

Very cool that you always ask the company if its cool to post, or better yet to verify. AWESOME

Reactions: PSO

Geshelli

Audio Company
???

You asked me to test Erish privately which is what I did. As you recall I asked you at the end if I could publish the results and you said no. If you have changed your mind let me know and I will post those measurements right away as they are ready to go.

On the other two units, you sent them to me and then asked for them back without any question. So I shipped them to you. I have long lead time at times and sometimes it takes a while before I can get to an item. The unit in this review came some 3 months ago.

As to your results not matching mine, testing protocols varies and we discussed this as well as part of my Erish testing.
Amir, I clarified the comment right above yours once I saw that there was confusion over what I said regarding the Erish.

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I know that Geshelli products are not available in certain countries (India, for example). So, not sure if it is proper etiquette to post here, but if you are a forum member and am interested in a lightly used Archel 2.5 Pro, I have listed mine for sale here.

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you think the ifi iematch would be a solve for the use of high sensitivity IEMs with the Archel 2.5?

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Amir has mentioned using the iematch in a number of instances, and he mentioned the Archel 2.5 as potentially tough on IEMs

Tks

Major Contributor
Amir has mentioned using the iematch in a number of instances, and he mentioned the Archel 2.5 as potentially tough on IEMs

Looking at the review of this one, which should be virtually the same, he says:

So you should be good with your sensitive IEMs.

Because of the 91dB rating for 50mV output, I would not think there is any "toughness" of any sort on IEM's. Also the output impedance is under 1 ohm, so there should be no impact to frequency response either.

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looking at the review of this one, which should be virtually the same, he says:

Because of the 91dB rating for 50mV output, I would not think there is any "toughness" of any sort on IEM's. Also the output impedance is under 1 ohm, so there should be no impact to frequency response either.
Okay, and another thread he also recommended the IE watch for touchy volume pots on the Archel

Tks

Major Contributor
Okay, and another thread he also recommended the IE watch for touchy volume pots on the Archel

Ohhh now I think I know what he might be talking about. Perhaps if you don't have any other form of volume control (meaning if your DAC can't control volume, or you don't have a remote control, or can't get to a PC/TV to lower the volume on media that's playing). Because the volume this thing can produce for something like an IEM is very high, if your source's volume is maxxed out, trying to control volume with just this amp may be annoying as you won't have lots of volume attenuation to play around with. Maybe if you turn the volume knob slightly, it will be too loud with efficient IEMs. So if you can't control the volume any other way, the amp may be too much.

So if you have control of your media (either through the media player, or whatever software), or you can control the volume of your DAC. Then I don't think there's going to be much issues with this amp being used with IEMs. But if controlling volume any other way besides the amp is not possible, then perhaps the amp may be a bit too powerful, and it would be hard to get the precise volume you want since any movement of the knob will produce large swings of power.

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ohhh now I think I know what he might be talking about. Perhaps if you don't have any other form of volume control (meaning if your DAC can't control volume, or you don't have a remote control, or can't get to a PC/TV to lower the volume on media that's playing). Because the volume this thing can produce for something like an IEM is very high, if your source's volume is maxxed out, trying to control volume with just this amp may be annoying as you won't have lots of volume attenuation to play around with. Maybe if you turn the volume knob slightly, it will be too loud with efficient IEMs. So if you can't control the volume any other way, the amp may be too much.

So if you have control of your media (either through the media player, or whatever software), or you can control the volume of your DAC. Then I don't think there's going to be much issues with this amp being used with IEMs. But if controlling volume any other way besides the amp is not possible, then perhaps the amp may be a bit too powerful, and it would be hard to get the precise volume you want since any movement of the knob will produce large swings of power.

Yes, I believe this is the case. Was just wondering how many people were actually using the iematch and if indeed it was a good solution. Not cheap at $50.

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
New Geshelli DAC to use ES9026PRO according to their new newsletter. $299 with usb, $249 without.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

May also be to get the volume pot higher round the dial if there are low volume channel imbalances. Can't recall if that was the case here.

Personally is dial back the dac output if that's an option.

Morpheus85

i don't think you are using such an old chip.
I asked facebook which one is used.

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
NEW Geshelli DAC UPDATE​

Hi,
You are received this email because you opted in to our newsletter. If you do not with to receive further notifications, please let me know at [email protected] and I will remove you from the list.
I wanted to put out a quick update on the new DAC. As you may know from the last newsletter, the J2 will still have the Amanero USB and we have chosen the ES9026PRO DAC chip.
We are waiting on the a shipment date for the Amanero's. Amanero is waiting on parts to finish their boards. This seems to be a trend throughout many industries. Parts are hard to get and are taking longer to ship. We have been told the boards should ship by the second week of April. Once we have an exact date, we can give an a release date.
We are picking up the aluminum this week and will start working on the cases. We plan to keep the same color options as we currently offer. Please note, we no longer carry the original black. That has been replaced by Charcoal. The black we used to use has not been available from the supplier for a few months now. This also has been a trend through the Powder Coating Industry as many of the colors that I used to purchase are no longer available.
The price for the new DAC will be:
No USB=$249.99
USB-$299.99
Stay tuned for more information as we await the shipping date for the USB's.​

Kind regards,
Geno and Sherri
Geshelli Labs​

Top Bottom