• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli archel2/.5 pro owners club

Veri

Master Contributor
@Geshelli My archel 2.5 pro got some problem. As soon as I hook up the power, my headphone would make big sounds at around 2 to 3 times a second, I freaked out and thought it break my headphone. After testing the headphone I think it's not dead but I can't be sure everything is good. The sound seems to be same loudness regardless the position of the pot. I got a flash light shine through from the front and found that there is a wire that got screwed into the chassis that is touching the leg of right red led. Is it the cause of this problem? If that is the problem I can just open it up and bend it other way. I have attached a photo.View attachment 59829
I would contact Geshelli and explain the problem :/

Geshelli

Audio Company
@Geshelli My archel 2.5 pro got some problem. As soon as I hook up the power, my headphone would make big sounds at around 2 to 3 times a second, I freaked out and thought it break my headphone. After testing the headphone I think it's not dead but I can't be sure everything is good. The sound seems to be same loudness regardless the position of the pot. I got a flash light shine through from the front and found that there is a wire that got screwed into the chassis that is touching the leg of right red led. Is it the cause of this problem? If that is the problem I can just open it up and bend it other way. I have attached a photo.

Please send us an email so we can assist you. Thanks.

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That's the grounding wire of the pot, it shouldn't touch anything except the housing
Yeah it should not touch anything, but geshelli told me that it was shielded. I have opened it up and bent it over , but it still made that sound.

Asylum Seeker

Imagine this. Imagine a Geshelli portable, battery-powered amp the size of a deck of cards, stacked with a Geshelli portable, battery-powered DAC the size of a deck of cards. A transparent, powerful, mobile Geshelli stack. I can only dream...

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Imagine this. Imagine a Geshelli portable, battery-powered amp the size of a deck of cards, stacked with a Geshelli portable, battery-powered DAC the size of a deck of cards. A transparent, powerful, mobile Geshelli stack. I can only dream...
Not really into that much bulk for portable units. I had an Oppo HA-2 and even though it sounded great, it still was too big for me. I think the miniature units are the way to go, and their performance keeps getting better.

Asylum Seeker

Ok, then. DAC|Amp the size of a deck of cards.

Not really into that much bulk for portable units. I had an Oppo HA-2 and even though it sounded great, it still was too big for me. I think the miniature units are the way to go, and their performance keeps getting better.

MorningDew

For those who own both or are in the know about these things...2 Pro or 2.5 Pro to drive HD6XX and Audeze Sine? The former is pretty high impedance and the later are planars so leaning towards the 2.5. I don't have issues with ground loops and plan to run it off my topping d30 so only intend to use RCAs. Thansks!

Also, looks like the fully balanced Geshelli is on its way...
https://geshelli.com/erish-balanced

Veri

Master Contributor
For those who own both or are in the know about these things...2 Pro or 2.5 Pro to drive HD6XX and Audeze Sine? The former is pretty high impedance and the later are planars so leaning towards the 2.5. I don't have issues with ground loops and plan to run it off my topping d30 so only intend to use RCAs. Thansks!

Also, looks like the fully balanced Geshelli is on its way...
https://geshelli.com/erish-balanced
The 2 would do for your use. 2.5 has more headroom.. up to you.

Veri

Master Contributor
If there's and audible difference then then spending the few extra dollars is a no-brainer...thank you!
No audible difference between these, just higher output on the 2.5 :) the 2 is 1.0x or 4.0x gain switchable, the 2.5 is 1.0x or 6.0x gain switchable! 4.0x seems already plenty to me ;)

MorningDew

No audible difference between these, just higher output on the 2.5 :) the 2 is 1.0x or 4.0x gain switchable, the 2.5 is 1.0x or 6.0x gain switchable! 4.0x seems already plenty to me ;)

Interesting, thanks. If I were to move up to a full size over-ear planar some day would I miss that gain difference? Thanks!

Veri

Master Contributor
Interesting, thanks. If I were to move up to a full size over-ear planar some day would I miss that gain difference? Thanks!
Depends on the planar I would say. The 2.5 might be interesting if you want to plug a balanced DAC into it later, which would double the input voltage and make for much louder output. But honestly few headphones need such absurd power output.

MorningDew

Depends on the planar I would say. The 2.5 might be interesting if you want to plug a balanced DAC into it later, which would double the input voltage and make for much louder output. But honestly few headphones need such absurd power output.

Good point, I’ll keep it in mind. Thanks!

hellboundlex

Forum Donor
Just wanted to post a random question on this topic: I have the original Archel pro. I love it. I wonder how it compares to the 2?

Just wondering. Debating on purchasing an Archel 2.5 or the new one which I will likely spell like the teenage pop star and not it's real name so I won't try.

dingbang

It's able to drive the beyer t1 2nd gen. Using a onkyo dps1 as source in lineout mode (max volume), The 2.5 pro can put the volume in my listen level at 1 o'clock in low gain.

The Equalizer

Just got the Archel 2.5 and I'm enjoying it with a pair of Grados. I wanted a headphone amplifier with a balanced input so I could make a long run (25+ feet) run to my seating position without worrying about picking up noise. A Grace SDAC Balanced is feeding it, which itself is at the end of a 15-foot USB cable.

Shining a light through the plexiglass, I see what appears to be an ALPS 10KAX2 pot, which I think is different than the original specification - an upgrade, most likely, though I don't know much about pots.

I probably wouldn't admit to it in mixed company, but I dig the LEDs.

Top Bottom