• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli archel2/.5 pro owners club

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just got the Archel 2.5 and I'm enjoying it with a pair of Grados. I wanted a headphone amplifier with a balanced input so I could make a long run (25+ feet) run to my seating position without worrying about picking up noise. A Grace SDAC Balanced is feeding it, which itself is at the end of a 15-foot USB cable.

Shining a light through the plexiglass, I see what appears to be an ALPS 10KAX2 pot, which I think is different than the original specification - an upgrade, most likely, though I don't know much about pots.

I probably wouldn't admit to it in mixed company, but I dig the LEDs.

Interesting. I think the 2.5 might be my favourite amp, definitely for single ended ( the Erish is , to my mind , just its XLR out twin) but I find it hard , with a 4v balanced input, not to overpower my Grados. The GS1000 are fine, 12 o clock low gain but my PS1000 get shouty above about 10/ 11 o clock. Which ones are you playing ?

The Equalizer

At the moment I'm using the humble Grado SR80i. Generally I haven't been setting the knob higher than 9 or 10 o'clock, which probably isn't ideal. I tend not to listen at high volumes. Maybe I'll try some digital attenuation in combination to allow me to set the pot higher.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
At the moment I'm using the humble Grado SR80i. Generally I haven't been setting the knob higher than 9 or 10 o'clock, which probably isn't ideal. I tend not to listen at high volumes. Maybe I'll try some digital attenuation in combination to allow me to set the pot higher.

Good point, I do have - 3db on Roon before the dac, forgot that.

Asylum Seeker

I know this is an old post, but you get your wish now in the Qudelix 5k and it's not a deck of cards, it's the size of a 9v battery!
Does the Qudelix deliver as much power as the NX4 DSD?

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have my fingers crossed on the upcoming JDAC from Geshelli which will almost certainly have XLR out and will be a match for the Archel 2.5.

Top Bottom