• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli archel2/.5 pro owners club

BenF

Forum Donor
Hi Blur, I'm sorry to report that I haven't been able to follow this matter through due to high work load, but I will report any updates regarding this matter, promised! :)

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just purchased the Archel Pro 2.5. Had been contemplating it for a while but put it off until now. I figured it’s a good time to be supporting American small business with the economic downturn we are experiencing related to coronavirus.

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I received the Archel 2.5 Pro today to take the place of my Oppo HA-1. What a difference in size and weight for better performance (although definitely giving up a lot of features).

Some people have commented on the Archel having a DIY aesthetic, or an “electronics box” appearance. I disagree. I think it looks quite beautiful and professional.

BenF

Forum Donor
@BenF Did you get this resolved?
I'm happy to report that Sherri resolved the matter with utmost care and professionalism. She sent me a new unit before I had to send in the defective one. I won't hesitate buy again from Gesehelli Labs! Awesome customer service!!

thumbsup2b.jpg

P.S. I really dig the Archel 2.5! :cool:

poimandres

Just received my Archel 2.5 today. I must say I didn’t realize it was going to be so small. I also really like the aesthetics of the amp.
Unfortunately I don’t have a cable to feed my nx4 (dac) to it so I will have to wait to use it until the cable comes in.

Reactions: Tks

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m just waiting now for Geshelli to release a revision to the ENOG that crushes all measurements just as the ARCHEL2/2.5.

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, low frequency distortion is very high on Archel2, power is also somewhat limited for both high impedance and low impedance load.
I was aware of the impedance issues but that only affects use with certain headphones. Where is the “very high” low frequency distortion? I haven’t seen that measurement. By “very high” I assume it is not in the audible realm.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I was aware of the impedance issues but that only affects use with certain headphones. Where is the “very high” low frequency distortion? I haven’t seen that measurement. By “very high” I assume it is not in the audible realm.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...one-amp-review-another-champ.9438/post-249075
Probably not "audible" but competition is not about just having an amp that's barely transparent is it?

Impedance wise, high impedance load power is limited by rail voltage, low impedance load power is limited by supply current and the output device's current capabilities.

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...one-amp-review-another-champ.9438/post-249075
Probably not "audible" but competition is not about just having an amp that's barely transparent is it?

Impedance wise, high impedance load power is limited by rail voltage, low impedance load power is limited by supply current and the output device's current capabilities.
All true. Perhaps the 2.5 has improved on the 2 in this regard. I noticed they switched the opamps to TI 1656.

Looking forward to when the A90 hit the market, too!

worldburger

I'm sorry to report that my pleasure with the Archel 2.5 Pro was short-lived. Left channel is constantly buzzing/crackling (even when no music is playing), no music coming out of left channel. Right channel seems to be ok. The XLR cables are good.

XLR cables? Did your Archel 2.5 Pro come w XLR cables? Also, if so, how long?

BenF

Forum Donor
No, the Archel 2.5 doesn't come with XLR cables. You have to buy them separately.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
XLR cables? Did your Archel 2.5 Pro come w XLR cables? Also, if so, how long?
@BenF is saying that the issue in the left channel he experiences isnt due to a faulty XLR cable. His cables are good (in good working order) . I see where the misunderstanding arose.

poimandres

I am enjoying the 2.5 pro and the e30 combination feeding my Senn hd58x jubilees.

It is a nice feature being able to turn most of the led’s off (and to change the colors although I don’t seem to have purple). I’m assuming the led to the right of the power is on when the unit is on high gain?

I must be losing my hearing I listen around 1:30-2 on high gain for most albums via Spotify.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I am enjoying the 2.5 pro and the e30 combination feeding my Senn hd58x jubilees.

It is a nice feature being able to turn most of the led’s off (and to change the colors although I don’t seem to have purple). I’m assuming the led to the right of the power is on when the unit is on high gain?

I must be losing my hearing I listen around 1:30-2 on high gain for most albums via Spotify.
Correct, the second (furthest right LED) is for high gain. I know this as I've accidentally toggled it, cans on, when trying to switch inputs (same button, short press to switch). Not ideal.

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@Geshelli My archel 2.5 pro got some problem. As soon as I hook up the power, my headphone would make big sounds at around 2 to 3 times a second, I freaked out and thought it break my headphone. After testing the headphone I think it's not dead but I can't be sure everything is good. The sound seems to be same loudness regardless the position of the pot. I got a flash light shine through from the front and found that there is a wire that got screwed into the chassis that is touching the leg of right red led. Is it the cause of this problem? If that is the problem I can just open it up and bend it other way. I have attached a photo.
IMG_20200422_162438.jpg

Top Bottom