• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

General purpose headphone for gaming/music/calls, under 200$

OP
F

faenil

with Bose you save $ on amp etc. They will bluetooth to you phone or computer. The mic quality is among the best so making your phone calls much better. ANC is nice, you can only beat it with open headphones if you have a tomb quiet environment.

QC35 II refurbished can be found on BOSE website for $199.
Do any of the mentioned models require an amp? I might have missed something if they do :)

I do have a colleague who has the QC35 II too, but the sound coming from the mic is just okay.
With a separate mic we would be over budget.

The main con is that the review showed the frequency response is only good when ANC is on (unless I misunderstood it). Not an ANC fan here.

However, I do agree they're a great set!

OP
F

faenil

I have tried the CoolerMaster MH751 and the MMX300 so far...
to be fair, I am not sure I am enjoying the weight of those headphones on my head.

The CoolerMaster (only tried a refurbished unit to check out its microphone) is much lighter but it still bother me after an hour or so...I was not amazed by the sound.
Haven't done a good round of testing for the MMX300 yet, but the comfort is getting in the way, already...

Should receive a test unit of X2HR tomorrow, let's see how that goes.

By the way things are looking, I am actually considering going for the Letshuoer S12 (refurbished @ 90£) or Moondrop Kato (considerably more expensive, though), plus the Rode Lavalier Go... :)

asrUser

Truthear Hexa are indeed good. They're better and more comfy than the ASR overhyped Zero. More balanced and neutral. Less shouty. Just order them from Shenzhenaudio directly and you get them in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom