• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec S360 vs Dynaudio Core 59

Frgirard

Major Contributor
i do no
A bit cheaper (1500€ pair street price in Germany) and Genelec recommends the S360 for a tad bigger rooms and listening distances:

View attachment 126491
Source: https://www.genelec.com/correct-monitors

Also to tell the full truth the horizontal directivity of the S360A is a bit smoother than the 8361A one on above S&R tests and the S360A vertical higher directivity of the elliptical waveguide can be an advantage for large listening distances and/or not treated rooms, 8361A is more a midfield studio monitor and S360A more a problemsolver for typical living rooms and home theatres.

I do not read this document like you.

The most important is the listening in the direct sound dominates. the two are near 3 meters.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
i do no

I do not read this document like you.

The most important is the listening in the direct sound dominates. the two are near 3 meters.
I wrote tad and if you see the upper limit is a bit higher on the S360 and the directivity plots show that possibly the difference could be even larger.

soundwave

I received the 8361s today and have them playing. I am running Dirac to start as I didn't have the time or energy to learn to use GLM with now. So far I am very pleased. They are flat down to around 24 hz in my room with some serious bass reinforcement from the room which Dirac has tamed.They are in the same position as the Core 59s but I plan to move them closer the wall as I am getting a sickout around 100hz on the left and rights. The center measure flatter as it is only 4 inches off the floor and set up horizontally.

They seem smoother than the Dynaudio but I haven't played with them a lot yet. I will post back some additional impressions as I learn more how they play a variety of music.
Could you describe the difference between these speakers. I`m very interested in the Core 59, but there is so little information about this speaker.

OP
T

Tonygeno

Forum Donor
Could you describe the difference between these speakers. I`m very interested in the Core 59, but there is so little information about this speaker.
I would say the biggest difference is focus. Tonally they are very similar (and the Dirac measurements tell that tale) but the Genelec just seem to be more precise with regard to soundstage. That's the biggest difference so far. Of course, the Genelecs are almost double the price, so they should be better!

Top Bottom