• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec lead times

RobL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Has anyone else ordered monitors from Genelec lately? What was your wait time? I am looking to buy a pair of 8361a’s but am looking at a 180 day minimum lead time according to the Genelec importer Studio Economik uses. Does anyone know if there are any in stock in North America anywhere? I know the 180 days may stretch into a longer wait (the ETA for the grills I ordered from Genelec was revised 3 times). Not dissing Genelec here, everybody is suffering through supply chain chaos.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Avshop (in canada) has the 8351's in stock (black, grey, white in 4 weeks)....their website doesnt list 8361's though...don't know if they even carry them. You could call.

Long-mcquade shows Gray 8361 is coming in September 30, which is 1 month away.
Other colors are longer lead times.

Did you check my 'canadian dealers' spreadsheet? look for 'active speakers' column.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Has anyone else ordered monitors from Genelec lately? What was your wait time? I am looking to buy a pair of 8361a’s but am looking at a 180 day minimum lead time according to the Genelec importer Studio Economik uses. Does anyone know if there are any in stock in North America anywhere? I know the 180 days may stretch into a longer wait (the ETA for the grills I ordered from Genelec was revised 3 times). Not dissing Genelec here, everybody is suffering through supply chain chaos.
I ordered GFive’s in January scheduled delivery is October 7.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Avshop (in canada) has the 8351's in stock (black, grey, white in 4 weeks)....their website doesnt list 8361's though...don't know if they even carry them. You could call.

Did you check my 'canadian dealers' spreadsheet? look for 'active speakers' column.
Awesome list! Thanks

OP
RobL

RobL

Thanks for the spreadsheet! Very helpful. Have you ever used these guys? Their pricing is very good.
I have considered 8351’s but the 61’s aren’t a whole lot more money. I want to use these for a 2 channel system in my living room (~135 m^3)…I’m hoping to not require a sub. :)
Judging from the other replies a 6 month turn-around time is pretty reasonable.

williecoin

Ordered my pair of black 8361a last Dec with 180 day lead time informed. Failed to deliver in time. Still waiting and the current schedule is late Sep.

soundwave76

Forum Donor
In stock in some Finnish hifi stores like this one

OP
RobL

RobL

Ordered my pair of black 8361a last Dec with 180 day lead time informed. Failed to deliver in time. Still waiting and the current schedule is late Sep.
Ruh-roh…that doesn’t sound promising!
Are you in Canada?

OP
RobL

RobL

You're welcome.

Haven't used them, but website seems well-designed.
Looks like I will be ordering through these guys. Their distributor is expecting a shipment at the end of the month. Three pairs of 8361’s currently not spoken for! (Soon to be 2, lol)

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks like I will be ordering through these guys. Their distributor is expecting a shipment at the end of the month. Three pairs of 8361’s currently not spoken for! (Soon to be 2, lol)
In Canada they all come from the same distributor in Quebec. I suspect we'll all get our orders around the same shipment.

OP
RobL

RobL

Well, just ordered them…looks like I’m getting gray ones, l don’t want to wait for the custom black lead time. I’m hoping the gray colour is fairly dark? I may look into having the enclosure wrapped…
I thought hard about the B stock 8C’s in the buy and sell (my son has a PO box over the border lol). :)

this is me

I’m also on a 6 months wait. I feel like by the time I’m getting the speakers I ordered, it’ll be obsolete and a newer generation will be available by then.

OP
RobL

RobL

In Canada they all come from the same distributor in Quebec. I suspect we'll all get our orders around the same shipment.
Did you hear anything about your order yet? I contacted my seller and they said they were expecting them Friday but now we’re awaiting a new delivery date.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Did you hear anything about your order yet? I contacted my seller and they said they were expecting them Friday but now we’re awaiting a new delivery date.
Mine are scheduled for Oct 7. Now I don't know if that's when they arrive in Quebec or at the dealer in Ontario.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m also on a 6 months wait. I feel like by the time I’m getting the speakers I ordered, it’ll be obsolete and a newer generation will be available by then.
But what significant improvement would u expect? Very often, next generation products for a successful line are about cost reduction and not performance improvement necessarily. YMMV and all that, but pretty common in high tech product management...

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
But what significant improvement would u expect? Very often, next generation products for a successful line are about cost reduction and not performance improvement necessarily. YMMV and all that, but pretty common in high tech product management...
I also wonder that. One of the things that prompted me to buy what I did was the A/B amps. Now though after a 10 month wait I’ll probably sell these and buy a higher model.

Top Bottom