• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec Global Launch Event - Facebook livestream today at 19:00 GMT

Ilkka Rissanen

Technical Expert
Audio Company
Join us today at 19:00 GMT / 20:00 BST and meet our three brand new Smart Active monitors. We’ll be livestreaming from Metropolis Studios, so come with us on a deep dive into our new models – and we’ll be taking questions too!

Facebook link:

sfdoddsy

A cheaper consumer-friendly version of their triple coax speakers would be nice.

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am especially looking forward to more Audio-over-IP (and PoE-powered) speakers.

Hephaestus

Great news!

That massive egg on the boat looks like "8361" - if so.... I wish it excels in the transient reproduction as well ;)

pierre

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
So we get a 8361 which is a larger version of 8351 (more spl, better bass).
And also W371 a subwoofer with a vertical shape that you can put below the various eggs, more SPL again.

From the website:

Three different operating modes allow you choose between a flat and neutral LF response avoiding ‘acoustic notching’, continued directivity of the main monitor down to the lowest LF frequencies, or reduction of detrimental reflections by the walls, ceiling or floor of your room

Prices to come but I guess Genelec range so expensive, think kii or d&d like for the large egg.

Hephaestus

Too Big, too expensive. Disappointed.
Genelec has already wide range of small monitors. Dealer profit margin is smaller than eg. Kii Audio or D&D. These speakers are manufactured in Finland where employees get proper wages.

How much are the new models?
Keith
I remember they mentioned in the video something around 3.5kEur for 8351B, 4kEur for 8361 and 8kEur for the sub.

According to Aki Mäkivirta monitors have group delay and phase optimisation built in :)

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
According to Aki Mäkivirta monitors have group delay and phase optimisation built in

Pity they don't have group discount and price optimization built in...

Cortes

I would be interested in small monitors. But these are huge.

BTW, this "group delay and phase optimisation built in" is not something included in the old model 8351A ?.

soundwave76

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Nice new releases. I agree that Audio over IP should be included in their new releases, especially since they have had the 8340 IP monitor already for a while now with AoIP support.

Top Bottom