• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec GLM4 High pass Filter for Speakers set as Large in AVR

hege

Forum Donor
I think this was possible via GLM 3. After I spoke to Genelec Reps, I understood, even though it allowed to set Bass Management Filter it worked only in combination with Genelec subs. Else it produced all frequencies. In GLM 4, it is different. One cannot even set it.

Please stop the nonsense in this thread.

No matter if it's GLM3 or GLM4, you can set highpass filters to your speakers in GLM settings, and they work. It makes no difference if there are subs or not. I suggest reading the manual more closely and trying correct knobs.

Trell

Major Contributor

No matter if it's GLM3 or GLM4, you can set highpass filters to your speakers in GLM settings, and they work. It makes no difference if there are subs or not. I suggest reading the manual more closely and trying correct knobs.

I too was more than a little sceptical of the claimed non-working high pass filters as I recalled that was not the case from my initial setup of my Genelec monitors/subwoofer. I've a second PC setup in my office with two 8330A and no subwoofer, and using GLM4 I can verify that the crossover I set at 100 Hz works. The "Bass Management" button is disabled so for testing I switched between the test calibration with xover at 100 Hz and a fullband one while playing music that had much bass. A very clear difference.

1625417006835.png

Edit: To clarify with the disabled "Bass Management" button I meant the following which is shown after a calibration due to no connected subwoofer:

1625418930702.png

Last edited:
OP
Sprint

Sprint

Forum Donor

Please mind your language and do not offend others by using aggressive words like "nonsense". We are here to help each other. I am not here to display my proficiency as Audiophile. I consider myself as a newbie and I have shared what I have learnt. I will correct myself with all humility and will be happy to learn from you, if what you say is correct.

I have been repeatedly told by Genelec reps that Bass Management works only with SAM subwoofers. It will be of great help if you can show how to set high pass filter at 80HZ in GLM 4.0 without using SAM subs. All I want is that Genelec monitors process frequencies only above 80 HZ.

Cheers and Peace :).

Last edited:

Trell

Major Contributor
I have been repeatedly told by Genelec reps that Bass Management works only with SAM subwoofers. It will be of great help if you can show how to set high pass filter at 80HZ in GLM 4.0 without using SAM subs. All I want is that Genelec monitors process frequencies only above 80 HZ.

See my post #22 above where I just did set a high pass filter in GLM 4.02, but at 100 Hz. No sub at all involved. You'll have to set the low pass filter for the sub another way, of course.

hege

Forum Donor
Please mind your language and do not offend others by using aggressive words like "nonsense". We are here to help each other. I am not here to display my proficiency as Audiophile. I consider myself as a newbie and I have shared what I have learnt. I will correct myself with all humility and will be happy to learn from you, if what you say is correct.

Sorry, I did not have time for better explanations, but it seemed this thread clearly needed a "timeout" as people even started to believe it. :)

Genelec is correct that "Bass Management" obviously works only with SAM subs, since "Bass Management" refers to a specific setup with subwoofers. I'm sure you had some miscommunications about only using highpass filters for individual speakers and handling subs separately.

It really is simple to set the filter in the Group Settings as Trell displayed. Remember to "confirm group" and could be next page you need to "confirm calibration" even if you don't have any.

Reactions: kuf
Top Bottom