• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec G home series vs professional

Sprint

Forum Donor
If you decide to play really loud, is the sound level really loud in your living room? Are you using a subwoofer in your system?
I am normally playing around 75db average and 85-90db peak. Yes, I do use a pair of 12" SVS sb-12nsd subwoofers. Speakers of this size definitely need a sub. Even with my passive floor standers which go deep until 35hz, I had to use the subs in my living room. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_6801.jpg
    IMG_6801.jpg
    525.7 KB · Views: 1,905

ririt

I am normally playing around 75db average and 85-90db peak. Yes, I do use a pair of 12" SVS sb-12nsd subwoofers. Speakers of this size definitely need a sub. Even with my passive floor standers which go deep until 35hz, I had to use the subs in my living room. Here is a pic.
Nice installation! Congrats and many thanks for the info provided

radio3

just out of curiosity, why do you have them so low? Did you ever consider using the wall mounts for less back wall and floor reflection? Thanks for sharing setup.

Sprint

Forum Donor
just out of curiosity, why do you have them so low? Did you ever consider using the wall mounts for less back wall and floor reflection? Thanks for sharing setup.

Because I have a manual pull down screen and a Projector (more pics attached with my old floor standers as well).The screen falls down just above the speaker. I had two options with this set up. Option 1 was to place the front LR speakers above subs so that it would be more at a ear height bu then it is 30-50 cms further away from listening position. Option 2 was to place it on the low board and angle it up towards the listening area. I chose for option 2 as it was jelling well with the white low board. the height of the couch is low as well. From sound quality, I am happy.

for critical listening, I plan to buy a yoga mat and I plan to sit on the floor closer to the speakers 1,5-2 meters.

Attachments

• IMG_6677.jpg
    IMG_6677.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 857
  • IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 664
  • IMG_6678.jpg
    IMG_6678.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 974
  • IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 698

radio3

Because I have a manual pull down screen and a Projector (more pics attached with my old floor standers as well).The screen falls down just above the speaker. I had two options with this set up. Option 1 was to place the front LR speakers above subs so that it would be more at a ear height bu then it is 30-50 cms further away from listening position. Option 2 was to place it on the low board and angle it up towards the listening area. I chose for option 2 as it was jelling well with the white low board. the height of the couch is low as well. From sound quality, I am happy.

for critical listening, I plan to buy a yoga mat and I plan to sit on the floor closer to the speakers 1,5-2 meters.

Thanks again for sharing your setup and thinking. Wouldnt farther and wider be better in terms of reducing back wall reflection in vocals and for widening sweetspot and sound field for multiple listeners? Just interested in why you seem to consider closer better.

Sprint

Forum Donor
Thanks again for sharing your setup and thinking. Wouldnt farther and wider be better in terms of reducing back wall reflection in vocals and for widening sweetspot and sound field for multiple listeners? Just interested in why you seem to consider closer better.
Genelec recommends lesser than 1 meter away from back wall. Mine is approximately 40-50 cms. The bass is nice and tight from Genelecs at this distance.

Top Bottom