• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 8x3x stands, are they worth it?

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They are available for ~40€, including 19% sales tax. Do you really need 4, or are you getting ripped off by the importer?
In the US you can't find them for less than $75 each, unfortunately.

Genelec stuff is typically noticeably cheaper in Europe. Score one for the old world, I guess.

DHzHolden

View attachment 289027View attachment 289026I went for the K&M small speaker stand which is similar in quality to the Genelec stand (K&M makes the Genelec stands) but allows for more height adjustment. With the 8030C it’s no problem getting these at ear height. They’re quite heavy and plenty stable. There’s nothing in the description that says these are made for Genelecs, but it seems pretty obvious in the design.
I have these same K&M stands supporting Genelec G Two. Got ‘em used on EBay. Very nice on the desktop, and they raise up to 10”, easy to reach ear level. Recommended.
Good luck!

Dick

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A standard 75mm VESA mount fits?
Yes, but you likely have to enlarge the top two holes to M7 (7mm, which is a 6 1/3 volumetric cup length in funny measurements) or so, mine where enough to maybe fit M5.

The "correct" solution is of course the 8000-437b-vesa-adapter
80€ for two, for me. I opted to just widen the holes that exist anyway on my VESA arms (branded Bontec on Amazon).

Genelec stuff is typically noticeably cheaper in Europe. Score one for the old world, I guess.
About time if you ask me :cool:

Top Bottom