• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 83x0 vs 83x1

Nehi

I was fortunate to also demo a Quested V3110 (which is also a fantastic system by the way) along side the 8340 and 8341. In my humble opinion, the main difference is the perceived power. The 8341s seem to have more SPL and I also noticed slightly more detail in the low end otherwise I found them quite similar to the 8340. I would also say the stereo imaging a bit clearer on the 8341s as well after-all they are three way. When I added a sub - the 7360, I noticed an improvement on both of them. The sub seemed to let the 8340s focus on other frequencies and made them a bit clearer to my ears. The sub on the 8341s made them even more clearer. The 8341s is an awesome monitor. I would say it is maybe 10-15% better than the 8340 in my personal opinion. I still don't feel like I am missing much especially with a treated room. I would love to add a 7360 sub in the future as that would improve my overall stereo image.

Compared to the Quested V3110, they all sounded great. The Quested seemed to have a huge sweet spot and sounded larger than life. I considered that but I decided otherwise knowing the convenience of SAM will help me make better neutral decisions when I mix

Last edited:
Top Bottom