• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 8361a vs 8351B with Sub?

HooStat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don’t personally do it rather spend time researching before I buy.

The reason here is educational that would actually help sell the product more than likely in the long term and that retailer gets a % of the orders. People want numbers before they buy. It aids the sales process.
If the manufacturer agrees with you, then they can send their own demo to Amir. Some have done so. The reseller should not have to bear the burden.

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If the manufacturer agrees with you, then they can send their own demo to Amir. Some have done so. The reseller should not have to bear the burden.

I actually asked Genelec(back in May) via their support email([email protected]) if they would consider sending Amir an 8361A + W371 combo as it would be awesome to have third party measurements of that system since there are none so far.

Their support responded positively but no promises of course. Maybe if enough of us asked them for it they would be more likely to consider it.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Wasn’t it said that the USP of the 8361 was high SPL? They were made for people who NEED higher SPL and at the expense of bass extension.
The assumption being someone who opts for this model needs the extra SPL enough to opt for this bigger and more expensive model for that purpose and also would be able to add a big sub or two to fill out the bass and get their SPL with bass extension.

I suppose one could argue all the ones need a sub but the 8361 especially needs one to keep up with its extra SPL output. That was the reason for its existence. Extra SPL output.
I doubt that that it sacrifices bass extention for SPL, it should have more SPL and bass extention than 8351B

Top Bottom