• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 31 4.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 655 94.1%

• Total voters
Here's the stand: https://www.liedtke-metalldesign.eu/speaker-stand-REFERENZ-X-ONE

Apparently you need to modify the Isopod plate a bit for these:
Correct speaker information. Liedtke will in fact take care of the isopod plates, if you send them to him.

Gentlemen please excuse the ignorance.

It is first time I am looking into active speaker, and arguably the 8361A is the most popular one here at ASR.
I have few questions please;
- How many cables each speaker need for 2 channel setup?
- How many cables each speaker need for 5.1 or 7.1 setup?
- Is it OK to plug all speakers into one 20A outlet with 240V?

Thank you very much for your time.

I noticed that the Genelec stand for these monitors is designed specifically for their attributes, and so I redesigned the top plate on my bespoke speaker stands to mirror that official design. The main driving force behind this decision was that I noticed that their top plate (with its "X" shaped form) avoids interfering with the down-firing bass driver. The adjoined locating poles also promised greater solidity, security and integration with the stands.

The results are very impressive with cleaner, more detailed and deeper bass being the most striking outcome. Highly recommended!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom