• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 29 4.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 640 94.3%

• Total voters

dfuller

Major Contributor

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Screenshot_20240407_222548_Facebook.jpg

This post confused me

G|force

Forum Donor
8341A and 8351B share the same amplifier specs, so it makes sense to me that the factory would ship 8351's with rev. D boards that have 8341 printed on them since they are more recent.
Of course the 8361 has the same HF and MF amplification, but the LF amplifier has more than double the power. Very odd.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
8341A and 8351B share the same amplifier specs, so it makes sense to me that the factory would ship 8351's with rev. D boards that have 8341 printed on them since they are more recent.
Of course the 8361 has the same HF and MF amplification, but the LF amplifier has more than double the power. Very odd.
It's a bummer there's no photo of it anywhere

Sam Ash

7.17.8.4 Subwoofer Group ID

Subwoofer Group ID is a very powerful method of enabling the compensation of multiple
subwoofers sharing the same set of input channels of audio. The Subwoofer Group ID is assigned
by the user on the GLM Group Definition page pop-up for each subwoofer. Once this is done, run
GLM AutoCal and the Subwoofer Groups will take effect. The Subwoofer Group concept supports
up to six subwoofers working together on one audio channel set, and this makes daisy-chaining of
subwoofers to increase the low frequency output capacity easily and quickly.

This is interesting information, thank you for highlighting it.

Sam Ash

Is one able to control the individual levels and phase of each individual sub in a group within GLM and if not then can these be set manually on each individual sub?

Sieniek

There is the possibility of using third party subs but the fact that Genelec gear can be daisy chained and controlled from GLM is attractive.
How it can be done ? I have Rythmik subwoofers and Dirac live with bass management on windows. How to use them together with Genelecs 8361 properly ? Do I need any specific dac, etc ?

Sam Ash

How it can be done ? I have Rythmik subwoofers and Dirac live with bass management on windows. How to use them together with Genelecs 8361 properly ? Do I need any specific dac, etc ?
What I meant is that if one has Genelec speakers and Genelec subs, it is then recognised by GLM for central control and setup. I am assuming you have 2 subs, I think the best approach in your setup would be invest in a miniDSP 2x4HD, it will enable you to setup the crossovers and give you the benefit of EQ.

Top Bottom