• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 8350 vs 1032

OP
K

kuf

I thank everyone of you for your contribution.

From the experiences from the few people that have heard both of them
and from the theoretical advantages other people mentioned,
probably the 8350 is the safest choice.
Especially since I like the sound of the 8020 I have.

OP
K

kuf

I was looking today at these lists with spinoramas and scores

https://pierreaubert.github.io/spinorama/scores.html

In these lists, the 1032 have a better score than 8351 and even better than the 8050 (all with subs and EQ).

Surely the 8351 is a better speaker from many aspects,
but given the high score of the 1032 especially compared with the 8050,
what do this mean for my dilemma about 8350 and 1032?
Will the 1032 will be better for the 3rd octave given the 10" woofer and given that the bass region will be fixed with subwoofers?

OP
K

kuf

Finally I choose the safer option of the 8350,
since it is a newer and unique design, it is proposed from more people and I really like the sound of it's smaller brother (8020) that I have. But maybe I missed the oportunity of a bigger speaker, who knows.
The local representative will have them in a couple of weeks.

HooStat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I am looking at these, and the 8340 as well. They are all really close. I am trying to understand the value of the 1032C. Is it strictly that it is easier to soffit mount? I am surprised by the frequency response curve. It isn't horrible but perhaps they wanted it to match the earlier versions rather than to be as perfect as possible.

changer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'd get a good pair of used 1032C. These are objectively very good speakers, sans the diffraction optimized enclosure, but this is not the world. Look at the rating after EQ: this must be taken with a grain of salt, because this score optimization has to be limited, to void messing up the listening axis. Still, there is even more potential, a good used pair is value. It's has a ten inch woofer!

dfuller

Major Contributor
I am looking at these, and the 8340 as well. They are all really close. I am trying to understand the value of the 1032C. Is it strictly that it is easier to soffit mount? I am surprised by the frequency response curve. It isn't horrible but perhaps they wanted it to match the earlier versions rather than to be as perfect as possible.
The 1032C doesn't make a huge amount of sense to me, if I'm honest. If I wanted big soffit mounted mains I would get 3 ways instead, not a 10+1 2 way.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I decided to go with Genelec speakers for my living room.
Reason, I want an as easy can be room correction with GLM and that I am very impressed with the 8020D plus 7040 I bought a year ago for my desktop. I have already sold my previous setup with passive floorstanders.

The 8350 fits in my budget. I will add two subwoofers, probably the 7350 mainly for bass management rather than low end extension or low end power.
I listen in low to mid levels and the room is about 7x4 m with openings to adjacent spaces.
The listening distance can be 2 m or more.
I listen to various kinds of rock music, mainly 60s and 70s.

Can anyone advice me regarding the 8350 vs the 1032 as they cost nearly the same?

Any alternatives regarding the above?
How are you liking them so far?

Top Bottom