• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor Review

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I'd go with white
They look good in that color (saw it in real life )
I also like the contrast between the color of the drivers and the cabinet
FB_IMG_1621235669593.jpg

spamilton

After seeing those responses, I recommend even more to try toeing out your speakers a bit to physically manipulate the bass-treble balance before doing the calibration, you might also get a wider sound stage and only a little bit less focused imaging. Check the graphs on page 1 for reference on how far off-axis you're comfortable going.

If you took a single point measurement, you could try a 3-5 multi point to see if you get a bit more even response/filters.
I had to toe them out pretty far to get those highs to measure more reasonably, but it is sounding less fatiguing now. I'm guessing my proximity isn't helping either. I'm at about 1.25m. The default room size in GLM is the same as my room which was very weird to see when I did my first measurement haha.

srrxr71

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How you do it in glm?
So you can go only to +3dB if i’m not mistaken in GLM. If you are playing from a PC/Mac you can use software on those.

I’m back to +3dB these days +5dB is a bit too much.

anphex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I am wondering, the ONES series came out about 7,5 years ago. This makes me worry a bit about outdated tech, even though the performance still speaks volumes. Did Genelec update some internals at some point without making a big announcement? Would be reassuring to hear that Genelec may have changed for example the Class D amps to boards with cleaner signal.

Then again, considering the perference rating, wouldn't this speaker be the current top tier system when combined with a sub?

Last question: could you consider this speaker perfect for EQing?

outfaced

8351A → B

the only thing, where i would say the tech got forward in this time is with the class D amps ... will love to see some collaboration of genelec with hypex or purifi
in regards to the drivers or the dac, wouldn't say there is really something new under the sun

Arnas

8351A → B

the only thing, where i would say the tech got forward in this time is with the class D amps ... will love to see some collaboration of genelec with hypex or purifi
in regards to the drivers or the dac, wouldn't say there is really something new under the sun
How reliable are those amps? Good measuring Class d amps are very complex from what i understand... Complex stuff most of the time wont last as long and how much benefit speakers get? Cant imagine better sound...

Top Bottom