• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 8331 pair for $2500- great deal?

ahmedmo1

Hi there,

In short, should I buy this ASAP? Is it too good to ignore? Someone offered to sell me their Genelec 8331 (mint with box, receipts, etc) for $2500 USD.

I have a pair of Eve SC208s for my desktop setup with a pair of Martin Logan 1000W 12" subs. Connected to an SMSL M200. I actually feel quite satisfied with the Eve SC208s. If I'm between subs, they'll go sufficiently low as to not leave me left too unsatisfied. The mids could be better though.

I do not work with music or audio at all. I just like nice speakers - i usually just listen to music on itunes, youtube, listen to podcasts, or watch films.

I also have a 5.1 setup with Eve front speakers and Genelec 8010 surrounds.

Χ Ξ Σ

Forum Donor
The last time I saw a pair of used 8331, the asking price was around $3900, and they were sold in 2 days. So yeah, if the pair you saw were in good condition it's a good deal. Even if you don't like the sound, you can resell them later and probably would end up with more money on hand.

Top Bottom