• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 8320 or Neumann KH80

temps

KH80 for a weird reason. Small desk space, you're maybe going to want to use the top of speakers for extra storage. Can't do that with Genelecs.

Also a manual room correction is not that hard to do and you can save $250 and use the KH80 in-built DSP with the free app to correct most rooms. Utilizing 8320 DSP without GLM is impossible.

Ask yourself what your time is worth.. only took me an hour to do my first room correction. Honestly, the hardest part was finding where to click in REW because they use standard black text to indicate functions, instead of buttons or hyperlinks.

OP
HiFidFan

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
One more thought: If your listening position is fixed and money is tight you might be able to borrow the MA1 from a dealer, use it once for calibration and return it. You dont need it again as long as you dont change your setup (calibration is stored in the speakers) Some dealers may offer such thing for a small fee.

yes, but only 1x or 2x KH750, no other sub.
yes, ethernet. i suggest reading the manual from neumann.

Great idea, going through it now

OP
HiFidFan

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
KH80 for a weird reason. Small desk space, you're maybe going to want to use the top of speakers for extra storage. Can't do that with Genelecs.

Also a manual room correction is not that hard to do and you can save $250 and use the KH80 in-built DSP with the free app to correct most rooms. Utilizing 8320 DSP without GLM is impossible.

Ask yourself what your time is worth.. only took me an hour to do my first room correction. Honestly, the hardest part was finding where to click in REW because they use standard black text to indicate functions, instead of buttons or hyperlinks.

Good points, but. . . storage space on the speaker is not an issue, just doesn't happen in my case. Like I said in the OP, I have little to no interest in REW or other third party room correction.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
KH80 for a weird reason. Small desk space, you're maybe going to want to use the top of speakers for extra storage.
That's a very good point actually!
I used to put moth traps on one of my JBL 305p MKII, but can't do that anymore since I replaced them with Genelec 8030C.

carlosatl

Can you still use AES connection on the subwoofer , and connect the 8320 to subwoofer although 8320 are analog ??

Top Bottom