• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Genelec 8320 or 8330, with 7350 sub?

mkt

Never seen that. Everything including mic connected? 3 sine sweeps?

galanakop

[QUOTE = "mkt, post: 759525, member: 12231"] Ποτέ δεν το είδατε. Τα πάντα, συμπεριλαμβανομένων των μικροφώνων, είναι συνδεδεμένα; Σάρωσε 3 ημίτονα; [/ QUOTE]
Όλα είναι σωστά συνδεδεμένα.

galanakop

Finally calibration was done. Why tell me your opinion about the prices ???
glm Office No3.png

svenz

I've had my 8330A+7350A combo for about 2 years now, and I'm phenomenally happy with them. I was never able to get the bass and room EQ quite right with other (admittedly, much cheaper) solutions. I'm in a small room with terrible dimensions, but the DSP just does wonders. There are some nulls when I measured things but listening you cannot really tell, and the bass just blends in so well from the sub.

Honestly don't think I could improve the sound much with more speaker - I'd really have to get room treatments to fix the nulls (ideally a different room entirely haha), but I'm happy with the way it is. I'd say these are my endgame set up and I have no desire to purchase anything else for my small office/gaming room. They are also built like absolute tanks with steel wire mesh protecting the drivers. These things are going to last decades I reckon.

Oh I paired it with a D10 for the digital coax out, and use the D10 analogue out to feed my headphone amp. It's really convenient to switch between headphones/speakers that way - just turn down the speaker volume to swap to headphones, and vice versa. You don't need to waste money on a DAC for these, they already have a very good internal DAC and are very forgiving on the digital signal you send it (strictly speaking you should get a neutronik impedance converter, but it's unnecessary for <3m cables). Get the cheapest thing that fits your needs that does USB->coax and the appropriate cable and you're set. Even those 12 buck jobbies on amazon should do the job.

I didn't have a sub for about 6 months, and I'd say the sub does make an improvement for electronic style music and also various rock music. It's a very expensive additional purchase though, and not absolutely necessary.

Last edited:
Top Bottom