• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 8030c with Denon avr

pielover74

Hi everyone! I have a a Denon s760h with two floorstanding klipsch rp-6000f’s for fronts, two rp-400m’s for rears, a rp-500c for center channel and svs sb1000pro. I was thinking of replacing the floorstanding rp-6000f’s with the genelec 8030c’s and maybe a third for center channel or rp-504c. Any idea if I can make this work with this avr or a kind user on Reddit recommended the Denon x3700h for pre amp. Are there cables on Amazon I could get for this model that would connect with an avr?

OP
P

pielover74

This worked for me, I was testing a 8030C with a Denon 3700H this week.

Be sure the amp is off before connecting/disconnecting the signal cable unless you like being scared by POP sounds.
Thank you for the info!! Haha I’ll be sure the amp is off! How did you like the speaker? Where/what color goes in the Denon pre outs if I want two as my front L/R? :) and do I just plug one of the other end into the 8030c? I’m assuming no power cable is required for the genelec

beren777

The Genelec is self-powered and will need to be connected to a power outlet. Mine turns on when I plug in power, so be sure to check that it's off before you connect/disconnect signal. It doesn't matter which color you use for L/R, just so you use the same color on the other end of the cable.

I'm still evaluating, but initial impressions are good. I plan to test it out as a center this weekend.

OP
P

pielover74

The Genelec is self-powered and will need to be connected to a power outlet. Mine turns on when I plug in power, so be sure to check that it's off before you connect/disconnect signal. It doesn't matter which color you use for L/R, just so you use the same color on the other end of the cable.

I'm still evaluating, but initial impressions are good. I plan to test it out as a center this weekend.
Awesome thanks! So I only need to plug one end into the genelec and one end into the Denon avr even though it has two on each end? I attached a picture and was wondering if this is where I plug the front left and front right :)

Attachments

• 5B614CA8-5BEA-4CDC-849A-92E1B2F09A42.png
    5B614CA8-5BEA-4CDC-849A-92E1B2F09A42.png
    851.9 KB · Views: 136

beren777

Awesome thanks! So I only need to plug one end into the genelec and one end into the Denon avr even though it has two on each end? I attached a picture and was wondering if this is where I plug the front left and front right :)

No problem, the cable I use, I usually use with a pair of speakers. It's a bundle of 2 cables. You just use one of the cables if you have one speaker. I think you can even pull them apart if you want, or you might find a single cable option. I listed that one because it seems well recommended and was working for me.

Top Bottom