• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 8030C with 7040A questions

Gregory David

Hi, current setup Genelec 8020B with 7040A - used for home stereo and TV viewing. Narrow rectangle room speaker placement ideal and listening position about 7 feet distance, 7040b center but slightly further back. No room treatment. System Bluesound Node 2i to Benchmark DAC 1 Pre, XLR to speakers. I am semi-retired film/video editor, hence the gear, just added the 7040B for the bass which made a dramatic difference as 8020B's are 4" drivers, even with the sub I can get distortion raising volume on tracks that have low level, so I want to replace them. 8030C looks like the best candidate. Question: Will the pairing with 7040B be OK? and does anyone know if the 8030C is substantially better than the B model? Thanks!

Tonygeno

Forum Donor
I think the B and C are very similar except for the digital amplification of the C which allows one unit to be used worldwide and of course, the much lower power consumption. Otherwise, sonically, they are about the same. I have owned both.

OP
G

Gregory David

I think the B and C are very similar except for the digital amplification of the C which allows one unit to be used worldwide and of course, the much lower power consumption. Otherwise, sonically, they are about the same. I have owned both.
Thanks Tony!

Top Bottom