• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 8010 vs 8020 for desktop near field lower volume use

srrxr71

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A few inches is good. Pretty comfortable. Depends on your toe-in mostly. It’s a trade off between a tight center image and forgiveness of movement.

YSC

Major Contributor
A few inches is good. Pretty comfortable. Depends on your toe-in mostly. It’s a trade off between a tight center image and forgiveness of movement.
Only slightly toe in for me also due to space constrain and table is full of other stuffs, the smooth directivity did make it sounded great and on the imaging YouTube demo the stereo image is pitch perfect. So I won’t bother try harder by moving all stuffs around. Just maybe it’s my room limitation or it’s personal that it sounded good enough without weirdness

srrxr71

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Only slightly toe in for me also due to space constrain and table is full of other stuffs, the smooth directivity did make it sounded great and on the imaging YouTube demo the stereo image is pitch perfect. So I won’t bother try harder by moving all stuffs around. Just maybe it’s my room limitation or it’s personal that it sounded good enough without weirdness
Yeah not worth messing with a good thing.

Brubbler

I had Gen 8010a mounted beside my comp monitor running to a volume box to my amp so I could balance them in tandem with psb towers. They are very clean/balanced and superbly built, though for my ears I found them a bit bright (gaming and music listening) but of course for such a small monitor one cant expect bass. They are designed to do what theyre supposed to do for their size.

Top Bottom